The following 8 organizers submitted letters of intent to the Indiana Charter School Board for the Spring 2016 application cycle:
- Fresh Oil Ministries, Inc. (dba Joyce L. Bennett Academy)
- Drexel Foundation for Educational Excellence, Inc. (dba Thea Bowman Leadership Academy)
- Circle City Preparatory, Inc. (dba Circle City Preparatory Charter School)
- Civic Collegiate, Inc. (dba Civic Collegiate Public Charter School)
- Gateway Preparatory Academy
- TeamCFA Foundation, Inc. (dba Rosa Parks: A Challenge Foundation Academy)
- GEO Foundation (dba East Chicago FOCUS Academy)
- TeamCFA Foundation, Inc. (dba Dr. Elizabeth Blackwell: A Challenge Foundation Academy)
Below are the full applications received from the applicants above.
Drexel Foundation for Educational Excellence, Inc.
|Fresh Oil Ministries|
Joyce L. Bennett Academy
|Circle City Preparatory, Inc.||Circle City Preparatory Charter School||Indianapolis||Approved|
|Civic Collegiate Inc.||Civic Collegiate Public Charter School||Indianapolis||Approved|
|Gateway Preparatory Academy|
Gateway Preparatory Academy
|TeamCFA Foundation, Inc.||Rosa Parks: A Challenge Foundation Academy||Indianapolis||Withdrawn|
|TeamCFA Foundation, Inc.||Dr. Elizabeth Blackwell: A Challenge Foundation Academy||South Bend||Withdrawn|
|GEO Foundation||East Chicago FOCUS Academy||East Chicago||Approved|
The following 7 organizers submitted letters of intent to the Indiana Charter School Board for the Fall 2016 application cycle:
Model of Excellence Academy, INC. (dba Model of Excellence Academy)
The Cross Center (dba Arrows Academy)
Athlos Academy of Indiana (dba Athlos Academy of Indiana) - Letter of Intent Withdrawn
Salt of the Earth Family Services, Inc. (dba Salt of the Earth Educational Academy) - Letter of Intent Withdrawn
Gateway Preparatory Academy, Inc (dba Gateway Preparatory Academy) - Letter of Intent Withdrawn
The AWE Center (dba Dreams Do Come True) - Letter of Intent Withdrawn
Impact Learning, LLC (dba Impact High School)
Goodwill LEADS, Inc. (dba The Excel Center)
Below are the applications received for the Fall 2016 application cycle. Click on the name of the school to view the application.
Please note the ICSB did not receive applications from all who submitted letters of intent.
|Goodwill LEADS, Inc.|
Approval for two charters. One for Excel Center East Chicago to open Fall 2017. The other to be activated at a later date.
*Goodwill LEADS has withdrawn its request for a charter for The Excel Center Elkhart.