The proposed Clear Path 465 project includes added travel lanes on I-465 from the White River Bridge (approximately 2.4 miles west of I-69) to Fall Creek(approximately 2.15 miles south of I-69) on the northeast side of Indianapolis.
Portions of I-69 will be reconstructed between I-465 and 82nd Street (Exit 201) to accommodate a modified I-465 & I-69 interchange configuration.
Finding of No Significant Impact
On January 15, 2021, the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) issued a Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) for the Clear Path 465 project. The FHWA has determined that this project, as identified in the Environmental Assessment and supplemental project information, will have no significant impact on the natural and human environment. Copies of the FONSI and other project documents are provided below.
Public Hearing and Virtual Public Information Meeting
A Virtual Public Information Meeting was held on Tuesday, October 13, 2020. The Public Hearing was held on Wednesday, October 14, 2020 at Fort Harrison Conference Center. The public comment period closed October 29, 2020. Information and videos from the public meeting and hearing are provided below.
- FONSI, Signed January 15, 2021
- FONSI Request Packet, December 4, 2020
- Public Notice Hearing
- Environmental Assessment (EA) Text
- Appendix A – INDOT Supporting Documentation
- Appendix B – Graphics, Volume 1
- Appendix B – Graphics, Volume 2 (plans 1 of 6)
- Appendix B – Graphics, Volume 3 (plans 2 of 6)
- Appendix B – Graphics, Volume 4 (plans 3 of 6)
- Appendix B – Graphics, Volume 5 (plans 4 of 6)
- Appendix B – Graphics, Volume 6 (plans 5 of 6)
- Appendix B – Graphics, Volume 7 (plans 6 of 6)
- Appendix C – Agency Coordination
- Appendix D – Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
- Appendix E – Red Flag Investigation and Hazardous Materials
- Appendix F – Waters Resources
- Appendix G – Public Involvement, Volume 1
- Appendix G – Public Involvement, Volume 2
- Appendix G – Public Involvement, Volume 3
- Appendix H – Air Quality
- Appendix I – Noise
- Appendix J – Additional Studies
- 2021 ClearPath IFP Certified
- 2022 ClearPath Financial Plan Annual Update
Project Maps and Alternatives
- Public Hearing Materials - October 2020
- Project Overview
- I-465 Mainline
- I-69 South to I-465 Ramps
- I-465 East to I-69 North/82nd St.
- I-465 East to Binford South
- I-465 North to I-69 North/82nd St.
- Binford North to I-465 West
- I-69 South/82nd St. to Binford South
- East 71st Street Multi-Use Trail at I-465
Preliminary Project Schedule
- Late Summer / Early Fall 2018 – Receive Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Operational Acceptance
- Summer 2018 – Start Kitchen Table Meetings with Adjacent Property Owners
- Fall 2018 – Start Transportation Management Plan (TMP) to discuss Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) with Stakeholders
- Late fall 2019 - Publish Draft Environmental Assessment (EA), hold public hearing
- Early 2020 - Publish Final EA
- Anticipated project construction: 2022-2024
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) continues development activities for project Clear Path 465.
Presently, the project team is evaluating environmental impact related to the project, including noise mitigation. As part of project Clear Path 465, noise barrier is proposed at six locations:
- East side of I-69, north of 82nd Street
- East side of I-69, south of 82nd Street
- North of 75th Street, along the I-465 northbound to I-69 northbound ramp
- North side of I-465, west of Allisonville Road
- South side of I-465, east of Allisonville Road
- West side of I-465, south of 75th Street
INDOT is hosted a noise abatement stakeholders meeting for residents and/or property owners along the east side of I-465 at/near 71st Street on Wednesday, August 7, 2019 at Heritage Christian High School (Fine Arts Building), 6401 East 75th Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46250.
An open house-style meeting was held to gather input from stakeholders such as local businesses, area residents, and commuters Wednesday, August 23, 2017. The purpose of the open house was to offer an opportunity to comment on the proposed project, including its purpose and need, and the range of alternatives under consideration.
- Community Advisory Committee Presentation (May 2018)
- Community Advisory Committee Presentation (August 2017)
- Public Open House Presentation
- Public Involvement Comment Form
- Public Involvement Comment Form (Word Document)
Sign-up to receive Clear Path 465 project updates via email or text message (rates may apply) at alerts.indot.in.gov.