INDOT Mission, Goals, Vision and Values
Collaboratively plan, build, and maintain safe and innovative transportation infrastructure that enhances quality of life, drives economic growth, and accommodates new modes of transport.
Agency Goals – Taking INDOT to the Next Level
Deliver Great Service
- Demonstrate accountability by doing what you say you're going to do at all times
- Improve Customer Service responses and issue resolution
- Be thorough, consistent, and patient, consistently meeting customers' needs
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Modernize and increase productivity to better improve service offerings
- Improve construction and maintenance processes and business practices
Enhance Indiana’s Economic Competitiveness and Quality of Life
- Improve connectivity via multiple modes of transportation
- Increase understanding of Indiana's position as it relates to the autonomous/connected vehicle industry, and undertake initiatives to advance testing and research in the state
- Support and encourage local agencies in their efforts to develop and implement sustainable plans for their futures
Execute a 20-year Road and Bridge Plan
- Deliver the Next Level Roads plan to improve pavement and bridge quality, safety and mobility
- Priority given to construction zone safety for workers and motorists
- Focus on engineering, education, enforcement and emergency response
- Identify continuous improvements of the Asset Management process
- Strive for improved collaborations with all stakeholders – internal and external
- Convey Next Level construction projects through effective and efficient communication strategies
Develop INDOT’s 21st Century Workforce
- Provide more complete job-training capabilities across the agency
- Provide employees with tools and information needed to succeed
- Deliver enhanced leadership training opportunities
Be a leading innovator in transportation, with an exceptional workforce, that is driven by connecting Hoosiers with the world.
INDOT Core Values
Value the individual skills, experience, diversity and contributions of fellow employees.
Empower our people to share information and seek input from partners to achieve goals.
Take responsibility for actions and decisions to encourage a culture of ownership and pride.
Focus on new, practical ideas and technology to continuously serve our customers better and more efficiently.
Trust is the main focus around which the Core Values are centered. Without trust, we as an organization cannot function properly to achieve our organizational goals.
INDOT employees give their time to build a better community by volunteering with many charities and organizations. For more information please visit our INDOT Cares webpage.
5 Pillars: Next Level Indiana
Gov. Eric Holcomb is elevating Indiana to the next level by focusing on five key pillars of state improvement. For more information visit the 5 Pillars webpage.