INDOT will plan, build, maintain and operate a superior transportation system enhancing safety, mobility and economic growth.
Fiscal Year 2019 Agency Goals – Taking INDOT to the Next Level
Deliver Great Service
- Demonstrate accountability by doing what you say you're going to do at all times
- Improve Customer Service responses and issue resolution
- Be thorough, consistent, and patient, consistently meeting customers' needs
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Modernize and increase productivity to better improve service offerings
- Improve construction and maintenance processes and business practices
Enhance Indiana’s Economic Competitiveness and Quality of Life
- Improve connectivity via multiple modes of transportation
- Increase understanding of Indiana's position as it relates to the autonomous/connected vehicle industry, and undertake initiatives to advance testing and research in the state
- Support and encourage local agencies in their efforts to develop and implement sustainable plans for their futures
Execute a 20-year Road and Bridge Plan
- Deliver the Next Level Roads plan to improve pavement and bridge quality, safety and mobility
- Priority given to construction zone safety for workers and motorists
- Focus on engineering, education, enforcement and emergency response
- Identify continuous improvements of the Asset Management process
- Strive for improved collaborations with all stakeholders – internal and external
- Convey Next Level construction projects through effective and efficient communication strategies
Develop INDOT’s 21st Century Workforce
- Provide more complete job-training capabilities across the agency
- Provide employees with tools and information needed to succeed
- Deliver enhanced leadership training opportunities
Treat others fairly. Value the individual skills, experience, diversity and contributions of fellow employees.
Share information and seek input from co-workers and agency partners to achieve goals.
Take personal responsibility for actions and decisions.
Provide exceptional customer service through individual initiative, innovation and delivery of quality results.
INDOT employees give their time to build a better community by volunteering with many charities and organizations. For more information please visit our INDOT Cares webpage.
5 Pillars: Next Level Indiana
Gov. Eric Holcomb is elevatinge Indiana to the next level by focusing on five key pillars of state improvement. For more information visit the 5 Pillars webpage.