INDOT is rebuilding I-65 as a 6-lane roadway between U.S. Highway 50 and State Road 58 with repair/resurface of I-65 from S.R. 58 to the S.R. 46 exit at Columbus.
E&B Paving will add a travel lane between U.S 50 and S.R. 58 in both directions. Crews will shift traffic onto the right shoulder and build the new travel lane in the median area. I-65 from S.R. 58 to S.R. 46 will be resurfaced.
Traffic signals have been installed at the S.R. 58 exit and a caution light will be replaced with a traffic signal at the U.S. 31/S.R. 250 intersection.
E&B Paving was awarded a $143 million contract in spring 2018 and construction is expected to be completed in 2020.
2018 - North Section (mile markers 56.0 to 67.5): work includes added travel lanes from 56.0 to 64.0 mm, resurfacing from 64.0 to 67.5 mm, bridge widening at 61.5 mm and initial work at the White River.
2019 - South Section (starting at U.S. 50 exit): full depth reconstruction with added travel lanes
2020 - Middle Section
- I-65 Southeast IFP (11/19/18)
- I-65 Southeast 2018 FPAU Certified (11/19/18)
- NB I-65 Traffic Shift From Mile Marker 53-64 (5/2/18)
- Signal/Shoulder Work for $143M I-65 Seymour-Columbus Added Lanes Project Begins Tomorrow at SR 58/Walesboro Exit (3/11/18)
- Signal and Shoulder Work For I-65 Project Begins at S.R. 58 & International Drive (3/11/18)