Welcome to the Fort Wayne District
Todd Johnson, Deputy Commissioner
The Fort Wayne District is responsible for maintaining 4,799 lane miles of state roads, 525 lane miles of interstate, 1,238 large culverts, 742 state bridges, 143 snow routes, 459 traffic signals, 217 flashers, 60,000 road signs, and 1,200 panel signs.
There are four sub-districts (Bluffton, Elkhart, Fort Wayne and Wabash) and 17 counties (Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Elkhart, Grant, Huntington, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Miami, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells, Whitley and parts of Blackford, Fulton, and Jay) within the Northeast District.
- I-469 Construction Projects
- U.S. 33 Realignment Through City of Goshen
- US 27 Resurface/Signal Modernization in Fort Wayne
- SR 327 Curve Correction in DeKalb County
- I-469/U.S. 24 Interchange Modification
- U.S. 6 / S.R. 13/ C.R. 33 Intersection Improvement Project in Elkhart County
- U.S. 224 Reconstruction Through Decatur
- CR 900 N/Lafayette Center Road Reconstruction
- Other Completed Projects
- Paint the Plow
- 18 Month Letting List
- Flashing Yellow Arrow Traffic Signals
- Adopt-A-Highway Program
- Indiana's Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- INDOT Local Public Agency Section Page
- INDOT TrafficWise and Road Conditions Interactive Map System
- INDOT Road Construction Guide
- Subscribe to INDOT News
- Title VI Public Involvement Survey
- The completed form can be saved to your computer and emailed to our Public Involvement Manager.