The following list of documents are permit forms currently being used by INDOT. They represent the permit forms needed to apply for a permit on State controlled highways. If you are interested in submitting a permit application online please visit our Electronic Permit System (EPS) General Information Page or call the INDOT Permit section at 317-233-6938.
- Performance Bond (New)
- The permit bond is a performance bond which is processed by a qualified surety company. The bond is a performance bond on the associated project which insures that the work will be completed in accordance with Department Standards and specifications. The bond should be in an amount sufficient to cover all work within the right of way.
- Blanket Bond (New)
- The blanket bond is a performance bond which is processed by a qualified surety company. The bond is a performance bond on the associated project which insures that the work will be completed in accordance with department standards and specifications. The bond should be in an amount sufficient to cover all work within the right of way. Blanket bonds are used by companies that typically submit more than 5 permits annually. The blanket bond form is to be notarized and submitted with original signatures to INDOT Permits, 100 N. Senate Avenue Room N730, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
- Right of Way Permit (State Form 41769 - fillable Word document)
- Right of Way Permit (State Form 41769 - fillable PDF version)
- This form is used to permit various types of activities within State controlled right of way such as utility work, pole lines, and other forms of excavation not associated with driveways.
- Driveways Permit (State Form 1945, R6/3-00 - fillable Word document)
- Driveways Permit (State Form 1945, R6/3-00 - fillable PDF document)
- This form is used for the construction of all driveways. It identifies the project location, the reason for the access, and the person responsible for the work. One copy of the Driveway Permit form should be submitted with original signatures.
- Agreement To Execute An Access Control Document (No State Form Number)
- In consideration for the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) granting driveway permit(s), the applicant may be required to sign an agreement to execute an access control document conveying the access rights for the balance of property frontage owned by the applicant. The agreement will allow INDOT to issue a permit to begin driveway construction before the actual deed relinquishing the remaining access rights is prepared and recorded on the property. This document is required for most developments with over 400 feet of frontage along a State controlled highway.
- Vital Bond Release Information Request Form (No State Form Number)
- Bond and/Or Permit Fee Waiver (State From 35483, R4/8-04)
- Used by governmental agencies, schools and churches when fees and/or bonds are waived. Bonds are not waived unless the applicant shows proof that the department is named as a beneficiary in the bond between the applicant and the contractor and that the applicant .will not release said bond until the department approves all work performed in the right of way.
- Additional Disclosure Page (State Form 23237, R/3-00)
- When additional parties are involved with a permit project this form is used to acknowledge their involvement. One copy of the Additional Disclosure form is to be notarized and submitted with original signatures.
- Consent Form (Indiana Department of Transportation Permit Section)
- Used when a design consultant submits a driveway permit application over the Electronic Permit System for a property owner. This gives the consultant the right to act on behalf of the property owner.
- Boring and Jacking Detail
- This detail is used when submitting a permit application to INDOT for the purpose of boring and jacking a pipe under a state controlled highway or interstate.
- Outdoor Advertising Sign Permit (fillable - Word document)
- Outdoor Advertising Sign Permit (fillable - PDF document)
- This form is used to submit a request for an outdoor advertising sign along a controlled highway. To review a map showing the highways with sign controls refer to the Outdoor Advertising Control Manual Appendix B, pages 49 through 55. For instructions on completing the Outdoor Advertising Sign Permit see the Instructions for Sign Applications .
- Zoning Affidavit
- The zoning affidavit is a form that is filled out by the zoning authority for the property where a proposed or existing sign is to be erected or currently exists. This form should be attached to all sign permit applications. For instructions on completing the zoning affidavit please see the Affidavit Instructions.
- Affidavit of Property Owner
- The Property Owner Permission Affidavit is a form that is filled out by the property owner for the property where a proposed or existing sign is to be erected or currently exists. This form should be attached to all sign permit applications.
- Sign Owner Affidavit for