Indiana Outreach and Employment
What We Do
The Indiana National Guard’s Indiana Outreach and Employment program works to assist service members, veterans and their dependents with all phases of a job search. If you are currently unemployed, underemployed or looking for a new career, Indiana Outreach and Employment is here to help you begin the process of finding meaningful employment. We work directly with job seekers to: identify your skills and interests, create your resume, research job opportunities, utilize your network and prepare for interviews.
- The Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs at www.in.gov/dva or call 317-232-3910 / 1-800-400-4520
- Indiana National Guard Veterans Transition Assistance, Transition Assistance Advisor Program or call 317-247-3300, Ext. 85444
- Peace-time veterans may be able to utilize the disabled Veteran Property Tax Deduction.
- Indiana Purple Heart Recipients and their biological or adopted children may qualify for tuition and fee exemption at Indiana‘s state-sponsored schools.
- Veterans with a service-connected disability rating may receive a reduced cost Disabled Veteran Hunting & Fishing License ($2.75 annually or $27.50/ten-year). Veterans with qualifying service-connected disabilities impairing mobility may qualify for a Disabled Hoosier Veteran License Plate, which allows parking in handicapped spaces and free parking in legal metered spaces.
- The Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs provides Women Veteran Coordinators who are able to assist women veterans with gender-specific concerns, benefits and opportunities.
- VA Benefits: 800-827-1000
- Veterans Crisis Line: 800-273-8255
- Women Veterans: 800-829-6636
- Education: 888-442-4551
- Homeless Veterans: 877-424-3838
- Bereavement Counseling: 202-461-6530
- VA Combat Crisis Line: 877-927-8387
- VA Vet Centers: www.vetcenter.va.gov
- Mental Health: www.mentalhealth.va.gov
- Education Benefits: www.benefits.va.gov/gibill