Indiana Homeland Security Foundation Grant Program
Want to stay updated? Sign up to receive emails when new grant information is available.
About the Foundation Grant Program
The Indiana Homeland Security Foundation Grant (Foundation Grant) program supports public safety projects which are in alignment with IDHS’s local and district needs, with a focus on ensuring citizen safety. For example, the program supports critical public safety projects such as equipping emergency responders with personal protective equipment (PPE), acquiring equipment for use by emergency responders and funding training for emergency responders across Indiana at the local level.
Funds through this program may only be used for and must be consistent with the priority areas of life safety, standard operational items and supplementing current capabilities:
- Life safety: These would be immediate lifesaving activities or equipment that a department does not currently have. Examples would include AEDs, extrication equipment, PPEs and gas/air monitoring tools.
- Standard operational items: These are items used daily but not used for immediate lifesaving activities and may include items a department already has but that may be broken or outdated. Examples would include a new fire truck ladder to replace one that cannot be repaired, handheld tablets, lighting equipment and portable breath testers.
- Supplementing current capabilities: This category covers items or equipment that would allow a public safety department to do more than what it currently can. Examples would include complementary extrication equipment, more high-angle rescue gear and additional wearable cameras (if starting out with some, but not enough for all officers).
Application (Notice of Funding Opportunity)
- Apply for the Grant
The application period is now closed. Want to stay updated? Sign up to receive emails when new grant information is available.
- Fiscal Year 2022 Indiana Homeland Security Foundation Grant Program Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Fiscal Year 2021 Indiana Homeland Security Foundation Grant Program Notice of Funding Opportunity
Need Help with IntelliGrants? Visit the IntelliGrants page.