Equal Opportunity Office
The Indiana National Guard Equal Employment Manager serves as the principal advisor to the adjutant general and manager of the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) program. The program includes special emphasis programs, the affirmative employment plan, alternate dispute resolution and the complaints processing system for the Army and Air National Guard. Military equal opportunity (MEO) officers and state human resources/equal opportunity (EO) personnel assist to develop equal opportunity programs for the Army and Air National Guard. Contact the Equal Employment Manager at 317-247-3237.
The Indiana National Guard hosted its annual Cultural Diversity Day, Aug. 31, 2023, at the Indiana War Memorial in Indianapolis. Military and civilian members of the Indiana National Guard created displays to honor and celebrate a variety of different cultures with free food tasting, music and entertainment. Leadership presented awards to the most educational, most creative and best overall displays. (Indiana National Guard photos by Sgt. Kelsea Cook)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
|All attributes, experiences, cultures, characteristics, and backgrounds of the Total Force which are reflective of the Nation we serve and enable the Army to deploy, fight, and win.||The fair treatment, access, opportunity, choice, and advancement for all Soldiers and Civilians while striving to identify and encourage drivers and identify and eliminate barriers that have prevented the full participation of the Total Force.||The process of valuing and integrating each individual's perspectives, ideas and contributions into the way an organization functions and makes decisions; enabling workforce members to contribute to their full potential in focused pursuit of organizational objectives.|
- Identifying and evaluating potential barriers to the hiring and advancement of women, minorities, and people with disabilities
- Identifying and publicizing opportunities for educational and career development
- Annually observing and commemorating the achievements and contributions of each group, promoting ethnic and cultural awareness
- No FEAR Act Notice to Employers PDF
- INNG FY18 No FEAR Act 2nd Qtr. Notice PDF
- INNG FY17 No FEAR Act Notice PDF
- INNG FY16 No FEAR Act Quarterly Comparative Data - 2nd Quarter PDF
- INNG FY15 No FEAR Act Quarterly Comparative Data PDF
- INNG FY14 No FEAR Act Quarterly Comparative Data PDF
- INNG FY13 Annual No FEAR Act Webpage disclosure PDF
- INNG FY12 Annual No FEAR Act Webpage disclosure PDF
Harassment complaints, to include witnessing or experiencing sexual harassment, are reported through the EO/EEO program. Please contact your unit EO representative to file a complaint. If you would prefer to file a complaint outside your unit, you may contact the State Equal Employment Manger at 317-247-3237. For more information, the National EO information line is available at 1-703-607-7756.
If you are reporting sexual harassment with a sexual assault component, please contact the Indiana National Guard Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program (SAPR) 24/7-monitored number at 317-247-3172, in order to maintain confidentiality while determining what resource is best for you.