Kids AT Summer Youth Camp
Kids AT Summer Youth Camp gives Indiana National Guard children and youth aged 9-17 experiences that can positively impact their lives. Kids meet other kids with similar family and life experiences, learn fundamentals about the military service and create bonds with fellow campers and mentors that will last a lifetime.
The child of a Guardsman may be the only military kid at their school. Kids AT Summer Youth Camp can provide that child with an opportunity to learn from others who are going through or have been through similar situations.
Kids at camp get plenty of recreation, reading time and relaxation. Guardsmen and volunteers mentor the youth and teach values, cadence, drill and ceremony, which help kids better understand the responsibilities of their military parents.
The Indiana National Guard Child and Youth Program will update this page in 2024 with registration instructions. Hope to see you there!
Kids AT Frequently Asked Questions
WELCOME CAMPERS AND PARENTS!
Please read the FAQ before registering for Kids AT Summer Youth Camp.
- Who can attend camp?
- Children/direct dependents of mobilized or deployed Indiana National Guard members
- Children/direct dependents of Indiana National Guard members in the deployment cycle (either pre-mobilization or reintegration up to one year)
- Children/direct dependents of all Indiana fallen service members of all branches
- Children/direct dependents of Traditional and Active Indiana National Guard members
- Children/direct dependents of Retired Indiana National Guard members
- Siblings, grandchildren, cousins, nieces and nephews of current National Guard members
- Siblings, grandchildren, cousins, nieces and nephews of retired National Guard members
- How do I register?
Follow the registration link below and complete your profile to 100% completion. You will receive further correspondence from Youth Coordinators so please choose a RELIABLE email account. ALL campers are originally waitlisted. On May 1 we will close registration and send out acceptance letters via email. If there is space, registration will continue until all beds are taken.
- Can a kid attend more than one camp?
Yes—but only if there is space. During registration you are asked if you are applying for both camps. If you select YES, you will identify which ONE camp your child would prefer to attend in the event that we reach capacity. After May 1, campers will be notified which camps to attend.
- I've registered my camper. Does that mean they will attend?
No. All campers are wait listed until May 1. At that time, acceptance letters will be sent by email. If there is space still available, registration will continue. We work very hard to find space for all campers registering for camp. Sometimes there are cancellations and sometimes campers elect to attend another camp. We will work diligently for you to attend but cannot ensure there will be space. If you are not raised from the waitlist, your fees will be refunded.
- What is a JR Counselor?
JR counselors are campers aged 14-17 that have attended camp at least ONCE prior as an Orange Tiger. Any Tiger alumni can request to be a JR Counselor during registration. ONLY two male and two female JR Counselors will be chosen per platoon. JR Counselors will be notified of their selection after May 1.
- What Platoon Group will my camper be in?
During registration, you can choose a platoon group for your camper. If you have no preference, we will assign one and you will be notified of the selection upon arrival.
- What happens if I need to cancel my registration?
After registering, you may cancel with FULL REFUND until June 1. After June 1, you will not receive a refund.
Registration for 2023 is closed. Please check back here in 2024 for updated registration instructions.