The Public Affairs Office (PAO) is responsible for responding to:
- Media inquiries: Phone: 317-247-3222 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Relations events, such as speaker requests or unit and equipment support for public events
- Questions about current events involving the National Guard, such as deployments, exercises or state active duty missions
- Questions about social media, including the Guard’s usage policy, how to set up a unit page or to report inappropriate postings
Drinking Water Quality Reports
Annual drinking water quality reports for Camp Atterbury and Muscatatuck Training Center show no violations. Atterbury-Muscatatuck is committed to working with other agencies, local watershed groups and the surrounding community to protect drinking water sources and keep our water safe. Camp Atterbury's water is purchased from the Princes Lakes Water Department. Princes Lakes' PWSID Number is IN5241007. Princes Lakes supplies water to Camp Atterbury from a ground water source. The ground water is pumped from a group of wells north of the town of Edinburgh, Indiana. The wells draw from the Scottsburg Lowland Aquifer. Some contaminants are sampled less frequently than annually. The results provided below are from the most recent sampling event.
A drinking water status report for Terre Haute showed no violations. The report states that Army National Guard-provided drinking water complies with the standards of the Safe Drinking Water Act. The results provided below are from the most recent sampling event.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Requests
Welcome to the Indiana National Guard’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Requester Service Center and Privacy Office. This Requestor Service Center was designed to assist the public in making FOIA requests for Indiana National Guard records to include the Indiana National Guard’s Joint Staff, Air National Guard, and Army National Guard. Our office is also available to assist individuals seeking records about themselves under the Privacy Act (PA) or to assist in complaints and compliance with the Privacy Act.
The FOIA, known by its legal cite as Title 5 U.S.C. § 552, along with the Department of Defense (DoD) Regulation 5400.7, governs how FOIA requests will be processed within the Indiana National Guard.
Please note that the filing of a FOIA or Privacy request is a personal matter. Military personnel and Federal Government Employees may not use government time or equipment to make such requests.
If you are seeking personal records on yourself under the Privacy Act, you must provide a signed letter indicating the specific records you are seeking. Based on the existing retrieval practice for the records you are seeking, you may be asked to provide additional information to allow us to retrieve your record. The letter, containing your signature, can be mailed, faxed, or scanned and sent as an e-mail attachment.
- Cite that you are requesting records under the FOIA
- Provide your full name and contact information, to include e-mail address to expedite communications
- Provide a reasonable description of the record(s) requested as well as the office(s) you believe are most likely to have the records sought. A listing of the offices serviced by this requestor service center can be found at Office of the Secretary of Defense and Joint Staff Freedom of Information Act Requester Service Center.
- Provide a statement of your fee category and indicate your willingness to pay applicable fees for processing. You may include a dollar amount you are willing to pay up to, or you may leave the amount you are willing to pay open ended.
- Educational, Noncommercial, Scientific, and Media: Any accredited U.S. educational or research institution or instructor of an institution, or representative of the news media using the information in a scholarly or analytical work contributing to public knowledge and disseminated to the public.
- Commercial: Increases the commercial interest of the requestor.
- All Others: All other requestors.
The FOIA provides for the collection of fees for:
- Searches: Time spent in looking for and retrieving material, either paper or electronic files, that are responsive to the request to include personnel hours (clerical and professional) and computer time.
- Reviews: Time spent to determine if the record is releasable under legal guidelines, excluding resolution of legal or policy issues. This does include time spent excising text that is exempt under FOIA.
- Reproduction: Generating a copy of a requested record in the appropriate medium, for example paper or computer file.
Fees rates and schedules can be found HERE (scroll to page 41 of the DCAA FOIA Processing Guide)
Indiana National Guard Joint Records
If you are seeking records from the Indiana National Guard, you may make your request to our FOIA Requestor Service Center at:
2002 South Holt Road
Indianapolis, IN 46241
To inquire on the status of your request, you may contact the INARNG FOIA/Privacy Officer, at (317) 247-3125 or by email at email@example.com.
Air National Guard (ANG) Records
Submit your request online to Air Force FOIA Requester Service Centers: https://www.compliance.af.mil/Resources/FOIA/ In your request, please indicate the state/Wing that you are seeking records from. If you prefer not to use our automated system, you may also make your request to us at:
NGB FOIA Office (NGB-DMA-OIP)
111 South George Mason Drive, AH2
Arlington, VA 22204-1373
To inquire on the status of your request, you may contact the INARNG FOIA/Privacy Officer at 317-247-3125.
If you are seeking records about yourself under the Privacy Act that are filed within a Privacy Act System of Record, you should direct your request to Chief of the Office, Historical Records where the records are held.
For inquiries about Department of the Air Force (Non-Guard) records, please reference: Air Force FOIA Requester Service Centers, https://www.compliance.af.mil/Resources/FOIA/.
Public Affairs Contacts
HQ Indiana National Guard
Indiana National Guard Public Affairs Office
Headquarters Indiana National Guard
2002 South Holt Road
Indianapolis, IN 46241-4839
Camp Atterbury Joint Maneuver Training Center
Camp Atterbury Public Affairs Office
Phone: 812-526-1499, Ext. 61386
Muscatatuck Training Center
Muscatatuck Public Affairs Office
Phone: 317-247-3300, Ext. 41610
After normal business hours: