The Public Affairs Office (PAO) is responsible for responding to:
- Media inquiries: Phone: 317-247-3222 or Email: email@example.com
- Community Relations events, such as speaker requests or unit and equipment support for public events
- Questions about current events involving the National Guard, such as deployments, exercises or state active duty missions
- Questions about social media, including the Guard’s usage policy, how to set up a unit page or to report inappropriate postings
Drinking Water Quality Reports
A drinking water status report for Terre Haute showed no violations. The report states that Army National Guard-provided drinking water complies with the standards of the Safe Drinking Water Act. The results provided below are from the most recent sampling event.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Requests
Please note that the filing of a FOIA or Privacy request is a personal matter. Military personnel and Federal Government Employees may not use government time or equipment to make such requests.
- Cite that you are requesting records under the FOIA
- Provide your full name and contact information, to include e-mail address to expedite communications
- Provide a reasonable description of the record(s) requested as well as the office(s) you believe are most likely to have the records sought. A listing of the offices serviced by this requestor service center can be found at Office of the Secretary of Defense and Joint Staff Freedom of Information Act Requester Service Center.
- Provide a statement of your fee category and indicate your willingness to pay applicable fees for processing. You may include a dollar amount you are willing to pay up to, or you may leave the amount you are willing to pay open ended.
- Educational, Noncommercial, Scientific, and Media: Any accredited U.S. educational or research institution or instructor of an institution, or representative of the news media using the information in a scholarly or analytical work contributing to public knowledge and disseminated to the public.
- Commercial: Increases the commercial interest of the requestor.
- All Others: All other requestors.
- Searches: Time spent in looking for and retrieving material, either paper or electronic files, that are responsive to the request to include personnel hours (clerical and professional) and computer time.
- Reviews: Time spent to determine if the record is releasable under legal guidelines, excluding resolution of legal or policy issues. This does include time spent excising text that is exempt under FOIA.
- Reproduction: Generating a copy of a requested record in the appropriate medium, for example paper or computer file.