Parent and Guardian Resources
- I don't live in Indiana. Can my child still attend HYCA?
If your state doesn't have a Youth ChalleNGe program, you can have a relative in Indiana sponsor your child. The guidance on admission varies with each program, so you would need to contact HYCA to discuss the admission process. Please contact the Admissions Office at 877-860-0003 Option 2 to be directed to a recruiter. You can also fill out a pre-application to have your questions answered.
- Will I have to pay tuition or fees? How much does the academy cost?
The Hoosier Youth ChalleNGe Academy is a tuition-free program. Guardians are only responsible for purchasing a list of hygiene and toiletry items, undergarments, and other necessities.
- How does my child get enrolled?
Each state has its own admission form and process. You can apply by going to this page, Recruiting New Cadets, for the enrollment process.
- Can my child enroll if they are 18?
Yes, but your child must not turn 19 before the first day of the residential portion of the program.
- Do you accept any child ages 16-18?
No. There is an admission process. A recruiter or Youth ChalleNGe Staff member will work with you during the screening process to determine eligibility.
- My 13 year old needs help. Can they be enrolled?
HYCA cannot accept cadets under age 16.
- Can I enroll my child even though they don't want to attend?
No. This program is 100% voluntary. No parent, court, judge or probation officer can force the child to come. The child must make the decision to attend the program.