Veteran & Family Support Services
What is the Veteran & Family Support Services program?
This family –focused program offered through IDVA assists former and current military service members and their immediate families. As a service member, you are eligible for many resources designed for you. However, the rest of the family could be overlooked. This program seeks to ensure that the loved ones who have supported you are also receiving the care they need. In order to have and maintain strong family bonds throughout and after military life, all of the family members need to have support from one another as well as having the skills to be self-sustaining. In order to have and maintain strong family bonds throughout and after military life, all family members need to have support from one another as well as have the skills to accomplish those goals. We are here to help you embark on a new journey geared toward personal and professional strengths.
This is not a long-term program, but was started with funding through a grant, which was not renewed. Our program started in April 2015 and our last date of services will be JUNE 1, 2018.
From now until the end of the program, VFSS offers supportive services to those in need of:
- Counseling - parenting, family, pre-marital, marital, & personal
- Vocational Training Opportunities for the veteran and significant other
- Employment Assistance, with resume writing
- Couple & Family Retreats
Grant Eligibility, Qualifications and Information
1. In order to qualify for any of the services listed in this brochure, you must have a dependent child.
2. There are income restrictions to qualify for higher education and childcare.
3. If there is no dependent child, we will assist in finding other resources.
4. Services are not limited to the providers listed and are not guaranteed.
5. This is not a long-term service and is designed to assist self-sufficiency. Each case is assessed and re-evaluations are conducted.
6. This is not welfare or cash-based assistance.
Please fill out all sections and sign the application below. Once completed, please submit application with required documentation by fax, mail or in office.
Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs
ATTN: VETERAN & FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES
302 W. Washington Street, Suite E-120
Indianapolis, IN 46204