Language Translation
  Close Menu


PondsInterested in building a pond? First you will need to apply for a pond permit with the Noble County Surveyors Office. Below you will find four files available for download:

  1. The 'Pond Ordinance' which lays out the rules and regulations for building a pond in Noble County.
  2. The "Application for Pond Permit" - this is an editable PDF. To use this file simply open it in a current version of Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat and type the information into each field. Then, print the form and return it to the Surveyors Office along with your signature, permit payment and site plan.
  3. The last two files are examples of a site plan. The requirements for the site plan are listed on the application.

If you have any questions about this form, please feel free to call the Surveyors Office at: 260-636-2131


Below is a copy of the USDA Agriculture Handbook 590.  This provides information about planning, designing and constructing a pond.  This may be helpful when completing your site plan.  Be sure to refer to the pond ordinance and application above for the requirements of the Noble County Commissioners and the Noble County Surveyor.