Language Translation
  Close Menu


What does the surveyor's office do?

The Surveyor's Office maintains and tracks all section corners throughout the county, supervises civil engineering work of the county, records the location of legal surveys, supervises construction and maintenance of drains and ditches, develops drainage studies and specifications, issues drainage related permits, and calculates drainage assessments.

Some of the common things we can help you with are:

  • Drainage Checks.
    If you are planning on obtaining a Driveway Permit, Septic Permit or Building Permit, a Drainage Check is required. We will check to see if there is a County Regulated Drain your property, or if your site will be within our 75' right of way.
  • Problem areas like, standing water, crushed drainage tiles, and overgrown "open ditches".
    For a more detailed explanation of the purpose and roll of the Noble County Surveyor's Office download the official description in PDF format, below.

The Office of the Noble County Surveyor.pdf

Contact Form

Office Hours

Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm


Phone: 260-636-2131
Fax: 260-636-3512


2090 N. State Road 9, Suite B
Albion, Indiana 46701