As the pace of innovation continues to grow, emerging technologies are transforming the way INDOT operates, maintains and even defines our infrastructure all the time. Research in digital infrastructure such as connected, automated and sensor technologies promise a future transportation system that is safer, smarter and more resilient to future challenges. We are working to incorporate digital infrastructure principles and strategies from research to reality on Indiana roads.
- Speed Enforcement in Work Zones and Synthesis on Cost-Benefit Assessment of Installing Speed Enforcement Cameras on INDOT Road Network
- Development of an Intelligent Snowplow Truck that Integrates Telematics Technology, Roadway Sensors, and Connected Vehicle
- Feasibility Study and Design of In-Road Electric Vehicle Charging Technologies
- Investigation of Strategic Deployment Opportunities for Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) at INDOT
- Integration of Lane-Specific Traffic Data Generated from Real-Time CCTV Videos into INDOT’s Traffic Management System