U.S. 33 Realignment In Goshen
The realignment of U.S. 33 through Goshen opened to traffic in June 2018. The project re-routed the highway away from the city’s downtown historic district and included a bridge over the railroad tracks, a bridge over Lincoln and Cottage avenues and the widening of U.S. 33/Pike Street from State Road 15/Third Street to the Elkhart River.
Construction of the $18.9 million project began in May 2016 with the demolition of several properties acquired by INDOT.
(Image courtesy of Goshen Engineering)
Construction of the $18.9 million project began in May 2016 with the demolition of several properties acquired by INDOT. The project is expected to be completed in summer 2018.
Construction cost: $18.9 million
Construction begins: May 2016
Construction completed: Fall 2018
- U.S. 33 Realignment through Goshen Continues Monday, April 9
- Project Update - June 26, 2017
- Project Fact Sheet
- US 33 Groundbreaking Press Release
- INDOT Awards $18.9 Million Contract to Realign U.S. 33 Through City of Goshen
- U.S. 33 Project Map
- U.S. 33 Elkhart River Bridge to Third Street Project Map
- U.S. 33 Environmental Assessment