Health Plan Options
The state will continue offering three statewide medical plans for 2022: Consumer-Driven Health Plan 1 (CDHP 1), Consumer-Driven Health Plan 2 (CDHP 2) and Traditional Plan. All three available plans are in the National (BlueCard) PPO network with Anthem and have a prescription drug plan through CVS Caremark. Each plan has differences in premium costs, deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums.
New for 2022 is the addition of a preferred in-network tier within each of the three health plans which can help lower your costs. In-network providers will now be split into two tiers that have different coverage levels:
- Tier 1 - HealthSync (NEW!): Preferred provider tier with lower visit costs, lower deductible, lower coinsurance, and lower out-of-pocket maximum.
- Tier 2 - In-Network: All other in-network providers with the same deductible and out-of-pocket maximum you have today.
Compare the plans
- 2022 Plan Comparison - This document includes information related to office visits, inpatient, ER, urgent care, wellness and prevention and medicine as they relate to each plan.
- 2022 Maximum Exposure Calculations - Please note these examples assume employee takes advantage of the Non-Tobacco Use Incentive and costs are incurred within the Anthem provider network.
How the plans work
- Pick Your Primary Care Provider
- FAQ about Tiered Networks
- Anthem Tier 1 - HealthSync Provider Search: Find providers in the Tier 1 - HealthSync Network.
- Anthem Provider Search Guide: A step-by-step explanation of how to search Anthem's website to find your provider's Tier.
- Anthem HealthSync Guide: An introduction to the Tier 1 - HealthSync Network for State of Indiana employees.
- HealthSync video: Details about how state employees can discover a new level of savings with the Tier 1 - HealthSync Network.
Know where to go for care
- Know where to go for care guide from Anthem - This document includes information about cost of care by place of service.
Anthem Health Guide
As of July 1, 2020, when a state of Indiana plan member calls Anthem customer service they will be connected to an Anthem Health Guide instead of customer service. Health Guides can be reached by phone, mobile app, email or even online chat via mobile device or computer. Health Guides work closely with health care professionals, like nurses, health coaches, and social workers, to provide personalize and consultative support. A Health Guide can help you:
- Connect with the right benefits and programs for your health care needs including any of the Condition Care programs.
- Stay on top of your follow-up and prevent care with reminders and appointment-scheduling support.
- Compare costs for health care services and find in-network doctors.
- Answer questions about your claims and covered services.
To get ready to fully utilize the new service, start by downloading Anthem’s latest app, Sydney, available for iPhone and Android. Log in using your Anthem User Name and Password from their web portal or register as a new user.
With the Sydney app you can:
- Find care and check costs
- View claims
- View and use digital ID cards
- See all of your benefits including your deductible, co-insurance and out of pocket maximum
- Use the interactive chat feature to get answers quickly
- Sync with your fitness tracker
- Check My Family Health Records (myFHR)