Health Plan Options
The state will continue offering three statewide medical plans for 2023: Consumer-Driven Health Plan 1 (CDHP 1), Consumer-Driven Health Plan 2 (CDHP 2) and Traditional Plan. All three available plans are in the National (BlueCard) PPO network with Anthem and have a prescription drug plan through CVS Caremark. Each plan has differences in premium costs, deductibles, and out-of-pocket maximums.
All three plans will continue to offer two in-network tier options, giving you more ways to lower your costs.
Tier 1 - HealthSync | Preferred provider tier with lower visit costs, lower deductible, lower coinsurance, and lower out-of-pocket maximum.
Tier 2 - In-Network | All other in-network providers with the same deductible and out-of-pocket maximum you have today.
Compare the plans
- 2023 Plan Comparison - This document includes information related to office visits, inpatient, ER, urgent care, wellness and prevention and medicine as they relate to each plan.
- 2023 Maximum Exposure Calculations - Please note these examples assume employee takes advantage of the Non-Tobacco Use Incentive and costs are incurred within the Anthem provider network.
Carrier contact information
How the plans work
- Pick Your Primary Care Provider
- FAQ about Tiered Networks
- Anthem Tier 1 - HealthSync Provider Search: Find providers in the Tier 1 - HealthSync Network.
- Anthem Provider Search Guide: A step-by-step explanation of how to search Anthem's website to find your provider's Tier.
- Anthem HealthSync Guide: An introduction to the Tier 1 - HealthSync Network for State of Indiana employees.
- HealthSync video: Details about how state employees can discover a new level of savings with the Tier 1 - HealthSync Network.
- Anthem digital ID cards