Content Management System (CMS)
The State of Indiana’s new CMS system is called Matrix.
IN.gov is currently making the switch to a new content management system- Matrix from Squiz. This change brings a more modern, efficient and intuitive system.
IN.gov will be taking each agency’s website and picking up the content and pages and bringing them into the new CMS.
Learn about Matrix
Website with training materials and tips: https//cms.in.gov/cmsreference
Webinar overview: https://www.in.gov/core/files/cms/ingov-squiz-webinar-062320.mp4
A project manager from Indiana Interactive has reached out to each agency to designate a desired date and move into the new CMS in 2020 or 2021.
The pilot migrations have begun and full roll-outs will proceed through December 2021.
Standard agency templates (marketing and information) will be migrated first, and custom templates will be migrated after, likely in 2021.
Training for Matrix is going to be completed when your agency is closer to migrating to the new tool.
- Modern and easy-to-use interface
- SEO friendly URLs, no more numbers (e.g. https://www.in.gov/iot/2752.htm)!
- More controls for easier updates
- Granular user permissions
- Management workflows with comments
- Multi-device preview tools
- Shared resources for all agencies
- Google Analytics integration
- Robust content creation tools
- Flexible development and customization options
- Integrated with Access Indiana for easy login and password self-management
- 508 compliance auditor built in