Welcome to GIS in Indiana!
Indiana benefits from an engaged, enthusiastic, and cooperative community of GIS practitioners working in all parts of the state. Our GIS community is governed by a structure that blends government-based statutory responsibilities of the Indiana Geographic Information Office (GIO) with the grass roots participation of the Indiana Geographic Information Council, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, and that has resulted in a wide range of projects and activities that contribute to the well being of Hoosiers, including:
- The IndianaMap portal and geospatial data viewer
- A statewide refresh of high resolution orthoimagery
- For the first time ever, statewide LiDAR
- Improvement of Indiana’s National Hydrography Dataset based on local resolution data
- An unprecedented model of data sharing between state government and 92 of our 92 (100%) counties
- Outstanding NSGIC 2019 Geospatial Maturity Assessment
These exceptional achievements are presented on our web pages along with other valuable information about GIS in Indiana. Please drop a line to let us know how we can help you!
Megan R.L. Compton
Indiana Geographic Information Officer