The Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (IHCDA) would like to thank you for all you have done to help ensure families stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer. This energy assistance program assists roughly 108,000 families on an annual basis with their utilities.
This page is designed to provide resources for the local service providers and utility vendors who work with IHCDA to run the program. If you are looking for a resource that is not listed below, please contact IHCDA at LIHEAP@ihcda.in.gov.
Given the total dollar amount awarded to IHCDA, the Regular EAP program this year is expected to serve approximately 87,251* households, and the CARES Act Benefit can be applied to up to 43,500 qualifying households.
*Note: New LIHEAP funding was recently awarded by ACF. Once distributed, this will change the number of expected households served in PY 2021.
Program Policy and Operations
- EBTR Webinar Presentation
- 2019 EAP Program Manual (updated August 6, 2018)
- 2019 Program Manual Appendices (updated August 7, 2018)
- Notice LI-019-01 - Drastic Loss of Income
- Detailed Model Plan (LIHEAP)
- LIHEAP Guidance on Recording Energy Assistance Benefit Payments in General Ledger (LI-018-01)
- LIHEAP Budget Changes - Minimum Threshold
- 2018-2019 Intake Sites by County (updated December 3, 2018)
- 2018-2019 Budget Sheet (updated October 5, 2018)
- DOE vs LIHEAP Income Guidance
- Notice CP-18-01 - Claims Guidance
- Reissuance of EAP Client Checks
- Click here to access the EAP PY2021 Media Kit.
EAP Training PY2021
- Operations Overview - video I .ppt
- Income Calculations Review - video I .ppt
- Budget and Award Management - video I .ppt
- Crisis Mitigation Strategies - video I .ppt
- CARES Act - video I .ppt
EAP Fall Training PY2020
- EAP Policy & Manual Jeopardy
- Crisis Mitigation Strategies
- Income Calculation
- Monitoring Overview
- Policy Changes
- Program Performance & Integrity Overview
Indiana Home Energy Assistance Program (State EAP) to End after 2019
Homeowners may also be eligible for the Indiana Home Energy Assistance Program also known as State EAP. Effective July 1, 2012, the Indiana State Legislature enacted HEA 1141, which created the Indiana Home Energy Assistance Program. This program is funded by the multistate mortgage settlement fund. The State Budget Agency remits payment, equal to amount of the gross tax revenue collected, to the Office of the Lieutenant Governor no later than October 1. The funds are sent to IHCDA to administer the program. The Indiana Home Energy Assistance Program (State EAP) provides home energy assistance to homeowners. The program uses the same eligibility standards as the federally-funded Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Renters are not eligible for this benefit. The State EAP Program runs parallel to the LIHEAP program October 1 to September 30.
Because State EAP is paid for from the Mortgage settlement fund, the funds will be exhausted during the 2019 program year. At this time program, IHCDA is projecting that the program will end after the 2019 Program year. LSPs should make a point to mention this to their clients.