IN Code 20-30-5-16 Human organ and blood donor program instruction
Sec. 16. (a) Each school corporation shall include in the school corporation's high school health education curriculum instruction regarding the human organ donor program and blood donor program as adopted by the state board, including:
- the purpose of the human organ donor program and blood donor program;
- the statewide and nationwide need for human organ and blood donations; and
- the procedure for participation in the human organ donor program and blood donor program.
(b)The department shall, in consultation with the state department of health or any other appropriate organization, develop human organ donor program and blood donor program educational materials to be made available to school corporations to assist teachers assigned to teach the material described in this section.
- department shall develop guidelines; and
- state board shall adopt rules under IC 4-22-2; concerning the instruction required under this section to assist teachers assigned to teach the material described in this section.
[Pre-2005 Elementary and Secondary Education Recodification Citation: 20-10.1-4-14.]
As added by P.L.1-2005, SEC.14
20-30-5-13 Instruction on human sexuality or sexually transmitted diseases
Sec. 13. Throughout instruction on human sexuality or sexually transmitted diseases, an accredited school shall:
(1) require a teacher to teach abstinence from sexual activity outside of marriage as the expected standard for all school age children;
(2) include in the instruction that abstinence from sexual activity is the only certain way to avoid out-of-wedlock pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, and other associated health problems; and
(3) include in the instruction that the best way to avoid sexually transmitted diseases and other associated health problems is to establish a mutually faithful monogamous relationship in the context of marriage.
IC 20-34-3-17 AIDS information; contents; consent to distribute
Sec. 17. (a) The state board shall provide information stressing the moral aspects of abstinence from sexual activity in any literature that it distributes to students and young adults concerning available methods for the prevention of acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). The literature must state that the best way to avoid AIDS is for young people to refrain from sexual activity until they are ready as adults to establish, in the context of marriage, a mutually faithful monogamous relationship.
(b) The state board may not distribute AIDS literature described in subsection (a) to students without the consent of the governing body of the school corporation the students attend.
To learn more about House Enrolled Act 1182 (Spring 2020) and its impact on IC 20-34-3-17 AIDS information; contents; consent to distribute, please read the guidance found here.
|Indiana Academic Standards for Health & Wellness 2017|
The following documents are found below:
|Grades: PK - 12||12/11/2017||Word|
|Correlation Guide Grades PK-2||12/11/2017||Word|
|Correlation Guide Grades 3-5||12/11/2017||Word|
|Correlation Guide Grades 6-8||12/11/2017||Word|
|Correlation Guide Grades 9-12||12/11/2017||Word|
|Indiana Academic Standards for Health & Wellness 2010|
|Academic Standards for Health & Wellness 2010||2010|
|Indiana Content Area Literacy Standards|
|Science/Technical Studies Content Area Literacy||08/30/2017|