IC 20-28-3-1 and IC 20-28-11.5-9 require the Indiana Department of Education (IDOE) to collect and report information from Educator Preparation Programs (EPPs) annually. This information must be reported using a matrix which is to be posted to the IDOE website. While this matrix is not intended to rank or “grade” programs, it provides an opportunity for the public to interpret or compare program quality based on a variety of data points. Please note that all data points are based upon the September 1– August 31 Title II timeframe.
The following information is collected from EPPs, principals, teachers, and schools:
- The “attrition, retention, and completion rates of teacher candidates for the previous three (3) calendar years.” The teacher preparation program must also provide underlying data, as determined by the department, used as part of calculating the teacher preparation program's retention rates.
- Average scaled or standard scores of program completers in basic skills, content, and pedagogical testing.
- Average number of times program completers took the basic skills, content, and pedagogy tests before passing.
- Percentage passing the basic skills, content, and pedagogy tests on the first attempt.
- Admission practices of each program as they compare to the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) or the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP) standards or the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP) standards.
- Principal survey results of the quality of their teachers completing an Indiana program within the previous two (2) years.
- Teacher feedback form results for those receiving initial license within the previous three (3) years.
- Staff performance evaluation results reported in the aggregate.
- The number of teacher candidates in each content area who complete the teacher preparation program during the year, disaggregated by ranges of cumulative grade point averages.
- The number of teacher candidates in each content area who, during the year:
- (A) do not pass a content area licensure examination; and
- (B) do not retake the content area licensure examination.
- IC 20-28-3-1
- IC 20-28-11.5-9
- Senate Enrolled Act 562
- Program Standards and Benchmarks
- EPP Comparative Data Matrix Memo 2022