The Porter County Health Department provides confidential testing for HIV by appointment to anyone 13 years of age of older.
The Porter County Health Department also counsels, screens, and treats sexually transmitted diseases ( STD s) by appointment to anyone 13 years of age or older.
Our nursing staff:
- Educates at-risk populations concerning risk-reduction behaviors to prevent HIV transmission
- Teaches about transmission, prevention, and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases in an individual or group setting. Please call the Porter County Health Department if you would like a presentation to your group and/or HIV/STD testing
- Provides treatment for the person who is diagnosed with an STD and also their partners as needed
Service Fees & Appointments
The service fee is $20. To make an appointment, contact our offices:
- Portage: 219-759-8239
- Valparaiso: 219-465-3525
Please enter the prompt for nursing and ask to speak to a nurse.
Facts About STDs
- 1 in 4 sexually active teens contracts an STD every year.
- The Center for Disease Control estimates that there are approximately 19 million new cases of STDs each year in the U.S.k
M. L. Stamp, M.D. - Porter County Health Officer
Carrie Gschwind - Administrator
155 Indiana Avenue, Suite 104
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Phone: (219) 465-3525
Fax: (219) 465-3531
3590 Willowcreek Rd, Suite C
Portage, IN 46368
Phone: (219) 759-8239
Fax: (219) 759-3901
Hours: Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
No Vital Records Service is available at the Portage office between 12 pm and 1 pm.