As identified in Article 13.1 of the Indiana Code, the Office of Technology (IOT) is required to:
- Establish the standards for the technology infrastructure of the state.
- Focus state information technology services to improve service levels to citizens and lower the costs of providing information technology services.
- Bring the best and most appropriate technology solutions to bear on state technology applications.
- Improve and expand government services provided electronically.
- Provide for the technology and procedures for the state to do business with the greatest security possible.
Transform IOT into a strategic partner focused on delivering technology solutions that enhance the business experience.
The Indiana Office of Technology's mission is to provide cost-effective, secure, consistent, reliable enterprise-technology services and products to its partner agencies so they can better serve Hoosier taxpayers.
- Aggressively balance costs, while still providing great service.
- Deliver value-add services to customers.
- Meet service levels for each agency we support.
- Operate to assure operational and data integrity.
- Treat our internal customers, our partners, with respect.
- Core Services Delivery, Cost Competitiveness, Executive Branch Security Readiness and Preferred Workplace.
IOT was created in 2005 as part of an effort to consolidate IT organizations across Indiana state government. 135 PCN’s were eliminated due to this consolidation. The state saves $13.9 million annually due to remote service maintenance efficiencies, personnel efficiencies, software licensing consolidation and cost avoidance.
- Application Development: Mobile and Web development, Forefront Identity Manager, Scripting/Automation.
- Architecture Services: Promote and facilitate collaborative planning and strategy with our partner agencies.
- Enterprise Resiliency Services: Develop recovery plans to maintain critical systems.
- Call Center: Manages statewide server operational infrastructure.
- Change Management: Develop, manage and maintain the processes and procedures for IT related changes.
- Communicaion & External Affairs: Creative direction for IN.gov, internal & external communication and legislative liaison.
- Customer Success Management: Aligning our partner agencies’ business goals with IOT’s enterprise IT service offerings for positive business outcomes
- Customer Services: Helpdesk for hardware and software issues for desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, network devices. User security.
- Data Center Operations, Production Control, DCM: 24x7 Data Center management; Mainframe Production, Transactions and Storage support.
- Database Services: Database Hosting, Database Administration.
- Data Exchange: Provide data transfer management using Secure File Transfer (SFTP), Managed File Transfer (MFT) and custom application development on Biztalk, GoAnywhere and MuleSoft platforms.
- Desktop Refresh: Desktop/Laptop support, PC Refresh process.
- Enterprise Shared Services: Messaging, Active Directory, Mobile Management, Citrix, and Sharepoint/CRM services.
- Field Operations: PC, printer, network and remote-server support to all state agencies. Hardware break/fix for all IOT-supported equipment.
- Finance: Billing, budgeting and IT procurements.
- FSSA-DFR Support: FSSA-DFR infrastructure and FSSA-DFR unique application support.
- General Counsel: Study and plan the use of ITIL best practices within specified areas of IOT to improve our services and customer relations.
- GMIS: PeopleSoft Financials and Human Resources, and Hyperion Budget Planning.
- GIS Services: ArcGIS Server Access, GIS Data Storage/Backup, ArcSDE DB Hosting.
- Identity & Access Management: Manage Active Directory (AD) domain services for the organization.
- IN.Gov: Web Portal services.
- Information Security Program: The program provides a part-time information security resource to agencies that do not have a CISO.
- Mainframe: 24x7 Mainframe systems and programming support.
- Network Maintenance: Voice services and Layer 2 network support.
- Network Management: Cellular phone services, Data network connectivity, adds, moves, changes. VPN remote access.
- Project Risk Management: Contract Management, consulting, PPRM process.
- Project Success Center: Professionalize project management and partner with IOT’s customers.
- Security: Security Operations, Risk & Compliance
- Security-IN-ISAC: Cybersecurity training
- Server Administration: Provide secure, reliable and integrated technology solutions to our partner agencies so they can better serve our mutual customer, the Hoosier taxpayer.
- Service Management: Implement ITIL best practices for Incident, Problem, Service Level, Change, and Customer Satisfaction Management.
- Software Asset Management: Study and plan the use of Software Licenses across the Enterprise to reduce total costs for the State.
- Solution Delivery & Operational Security: Solution Delivery is a solutioning and implementation team that helps agencies find and implement the right technology solutions to fit business needs while maintaining cohesiveness with other State technologies. Operational Security administers and maintains technology used throughout the State that ensures security, availability, and operability
- Strategic Workforce Planning: SWP is the home of IOT’s State Earn and Learn (SEAL) certified work-based learning program, currently featuring two SEAL associates.
- Tier3 Services: Global changes, security, software installation, Windows administrative tasks and troubleshooting desktops/laptops.
- Unified Communications: IP telephony, video, WebEx and Call Center services.
- VMware & Storage Services: Maintain/Maximize storage uptime while protecting data and keeping current technology.
- WAN-Remote Infrastructure: Site surveys, capacity planning, and requirements setting for remote office infrastructure and connectivity.
IT Security Readiness
Large IT Project Management (> $1MM)
Our customers: Indiana taxpayers