IOT was created in 2005 as part of an effort to consolidate IT organizations across Indiana state government.
As identified in Article 13.1 of the Indiana Code, the Office of Technology (IOT) is required to:
- Establish the standards for the technology infrastructure of the state.
- Focus state information technology services to improve service levels to citizens and lower the costs of providing information technology services.
- Bring the best and most appropriate technology solutions to bear on state technology applications.
- Improve and expand government services provided electronically.
- Provide for the technology and procedures for the state to do business with the greatest security possible.
Deliver value-add services to customers.
Meet service levels for each agency we support.
Operate to assure operational and data integrity.
Treat our internal customers, our partners, with respect.
See our Service Level Objectives here.
Mainframe, Network & Server Administration
Cost Competitiveness & Customer Service
Field Operations & IT Security Readiness
Large IT Project Management & Account Management
- Application Availability Management
- Application Development - No Code Low Code
- Application Development - Full Stack
- Architecture Services
- Automation & ITSM Services
- Business Relationship Management
- Compliance Center of Excellence
- Contact Center
- Change Management
- Communication & External Affairs
- Customer Services
- Data Center Operations, Production Control, DCM
- Database Services
- Data Exchange
- Desktop Refresh
- Enterprise Governance, Risk, Compliance & Resiliency
- Enterprise Resiliency Services
- Enterprise Shared Services
- Field Operations
- FSSA-DFR Support
- General Counsel
- GIS Services
- Identity & Access Management
- Interstate SaaS & CTO Support Services
- IT Director
- IT Director as a Service
- Mobile Device Management
- Network Maintenance
- Network Management
- Operational Security
- Project Risk Management
- Project Success Center
- Public Cloud Operations
- Security Operations
- Server Administration
- Software Asset Management
- Solution Architecture and Implementation
- Strategic Workforce Planning
- Tier3 Services
- Unified Communications
- VMware & Storage Services
- WAN-Remote Infrastructure