As identified in Article 13.1 of the Indiana Code, the Office of Technology (IOT) is required to:
- Establish the standards for the technology infrastructure of the state.
- Focus state information technology services to improve service levels to citizens and lower the costs of providing information technology services.
- Bring the best and most appropriate technology solutions to bear on state technology applications.
- Improve and expand government services provided electronically.
- Provide for the technology and procedures for the state to do business with the greatest security possible.
IOT is a trusted enterprise-technology provider that enables partners to securely deliver high-quality services to citizens.
The mission of the Indiana Office of Technology is to provide cost-effective, secure, consistent, reliable enterprise-technology services to our partner agencies so that they can better serve our mutual customer, the Hoosier taxpayer. IOT will also act as the technology and solution enabler for the State, helping its partner agencies achieve business objectives and innovation.
- Aggressively balance costs, while still providing great service.
- Deliver value-add services to customers.
- Meet service levels for each agency we support.
- Operate to assure operational and data integrity.
- Treat our internal customers, our partners, with respect.
- Core Services Delivery, Cost Competitiveness, Executive Branch Security Readiness and Preferred Workplace.
IOT was created in 2005 as part of an effort to consolidate IT organizations across Indiana state government. 135 PCN’s were eliminated due to this consolidation. The state saves $13.9 million annually due to remote service maintenance efficiencies, personnel efficiencies, software licensing consolidation and cost avoidance.
- Application Development: Mobile and Web development, Forefront Identity Manager, Scripting/Automation.
- Architecture Services: Promote and facilitate collaborative planning and strategy with our partner agencies.
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery: Develop recovery plans to maintain critical systems.
- Business Relationship Management: Promote and facilitate collaborative planning and strategy with our partner agencies to ensure desired outcomes.
- Communicaion & External Affairs: Creative direction for IN.gov, internal & external communication and legislative liaison.
- Customer Service: Helpdesk for hardware and software issues for desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, network devices. User security.
- Data Center Operations, Production Control, DCM: 24x7 Data Center management; Mainframe Production, Transactions and Storage support.
- Data Exchange: Custom application development on the BizTalk platform.
- Database Services: Database Hosting, Database Administration.
- Desktop/PC Refresh: Desktop/Laptop support, PC Refresh process.
- Enterprise Shared Services: Messaging, Active Directory, Mobile Management, Citrix, and Sharepoint/CRM services.
- Field Operations: PC, printer, network and remote-server support to all state agencies. Hardware break/fix for all IOT-supported equipment.
- Finance: Billing, budgeting and IT procurements.
- FSSA-DFR Support: FSSA-DFR infrastructure and FSSA-DFR unique application support.
- General Counsel: Study and plan the use of ITIL best practices within specified areas of IOT to improve our services and customer relations.
- GMIS: PeopleSoft Financials and Human Resources, and Hyperion Budget Planning.
- GIS Services: ArcGIS Server Access, GIS Data Storage/Backup, ArcSDE DB Hosting.
- Identity Management: Manage Active Directory (AD) domain services for the organization.
- IN.Gov: Web Portal services.
- Information Security Program: The program provides a part-time information security resource to agencies that do not have a CISO.
- Mainframe: 24x7 Mainframe systems and programming support.
- Network Maintenance: Voice services and Layer 2 network support.
- Network Management: Cellular phone services, Data network connectivity, adds, moves, changes. VPN remote access.
- Project Risk Management: Contract Management, consulting, PPRM process.
- Project Success Center: Professionalize project management and partner with IOT’s customers.
- Security: Security Operations, Risk & Compliance
- Security-IN-ISAC: Cybersecurity training
- Server Administration & Solution Delivery: Server infrastructure support.
- Service Management: Implement ITIL best practices for Incident, Problem, Service Level, Change, and Customer Satisfaction Management.
- Strategic Workforce Planning: SWP is the home of IOT’s State Earn and Learn (SEAL) certified work-based learning program, currently featuring two SEAL associates.
- Tier3 Services: Global changes, security, software installation, Windows administrative tasks and troubleshooting desktops/laptops.
- Unified Communications: IP telephony, video, WebEx and Call Center services.
- VMWare & Storage Services: Maintain/Maximize storage uptime while protecting data and keeping current technology.
- WAN-Remote Infrastructure: Site surveys, capacity planning, and requirements setting for remote office infrastructure and connectivity.
IT Security Readiness
Large IT Project Management (> $1MM)
Our customers: Indiana taxpayers