Request Local Government Subdomain
The IN.gov subdomain is available free for Local Government Agencies and Entities in Indiana!
ParkeCounty.IN.gov - This is a County
WabashTownship79.IN.gov - This is a Township
TownofSandborn.IN.gov - This is a Town
|Noblesville.k12.IN.gov - This is a School|
CityofScottsburg.IN.gov - This is a City
Use this form to request:
- A new subdomain for a non-state agency
- Update to IP address for a subdomain
Please note: IOT does not offer DNS delegation to external nameservers. IOT is in progress on a long-term project to resume hosting legacy DNS delegations and cannot point any new or existing IN.gov subdomains to external nameservers.
Our process has changed! Please sign up for or log into the IN.gov Local Subdomain Portal to make a new request.
For new users:
For existing users:
Why use a .gov subdomain?
Make your government websites more secure by using a .gov subdomain instead of .com, .org, .us, etc.
Criminals can more easily impersonate your website if it doesn't use an official .gov subdomain. This could fool citizens into sharing sensitive information. Hackers and criminals often choose terms that are similar to the legitimate site, hoping that users will not distinguish the minor name change.
The public trusts .gov websites and emails because they are official subdomains. Citizens can confidently access government information and services in a secure environment knowing that the site is legitimate and authoritative.
IN.gov offers free Subdomain and DNS services with extra security protections
IN.gov subdomains are protected from the following:
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack protection – IOT-provided services are capable of mitigating tremendous threats that would otherwise overwhelm services.
- Malicious traffic signature recognition & protection - Attacks like Log4J can be mitigated before that traffic even reaches your servers.
- Geo-location protection - Place a virtual fence around your services to an area that you are comfortable with. By default, IOT's services are fenced to US only.
- Bot protection - Bots are a continuous threat and they can act faster than humans can. IOT’s security can recognize & act upon these using the tremendous amount of information they have at their disposal as well as advanced AI & heuristic detection methods.
- Custom Web Application Firewall (WAF) rules - IOT can make granular adjustments to all protections in place if needed. The platform is very flexible.
- And more!
Alternatively, obtain a secure .gov subdomain from the Federal .gov program here: https://home.dotgov.gov/
Note: This program is not affiliated with the IN.gov program.