INDOT strives to develop, inspect and test materials used to construct and maintains highways, thereby ensuring the most efficient and effective products as used on Indiana transportation construction projects.
- Ready Mixed Concrete Plants
- Geotechnical Consultants
- Geotechnical Laboratories
(provided by the Office of Geotechnical Engineering Section of INDOT)
- Satellite Laboratories
- Certified Hot Mix Asphalt Producers
A listing of Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) producers approved to provide HMA for INDOT projects.
- Hot Mix Asphalt Design Labs
A listing of HMA design laboratories approved to perform design work for INDOT projects.
- Approved Materials
A listing of materials and suppliers pre-approved and tested that meet INDOT specifications for immediate use on INDOT Contracts.
- Frequency of Sampling and Testing Manual
This is the manual that outlines the Sampling and Testing requirements of materials for acceptance purposes on INDOT contracts.
- Approved Retaining Wall System Evaluator
This is a list of Certifications that includes the specifications and test result requirements for acceptance of materials.
PG Binder Index Adjustment
- Spreadsheet for PG Binder Index Adjustment
- Instructions for PG Binder Index Adjustment
- Example Spreadsheet
- Monthly PG Binder Index
- PG Binder Index FAQ
Aggregate Bulk Specific Gravity
Publications & Manuals
- Geotechnical Manuals and Guidelines
Manuals, Guidelines, Forms, and Approved List of Suppliers and Geotechnical Consultants.
- Indiana Test Methods or Procedures Index
Test Methods and Procedures developed by INDOT for use with INDOT Specifications.
- Directive Index
Internal procedures developed by INDOT to direct testing activities
- Inspection & Sampling Procedure for Prestressed Structural Members Manual
Manual outlining the procedures to be followed for the inspection of precast prestressed structural members.
- Field Testing of Soils and Aggregate
Procedures to be followed for Acceptance Testing of Soils, Granular Soils and Aggregates.
- Inspection Manual for Pipe
Procedures to be followed for the Acceptance of Pipe.
- Inspection Manual for Precast Concrete Pipe and Structures
Procedures to be followed for the acceptance of Precast Concrete Pipe and Structures.
- 2019 Aggregate Specification Chart
- DMF Entry Reference Manual for Producers/Suppliers
Procedures for enrolling, accessing, and navigating the DMF Entry application.
- IRI Inertial Profiler HMA Quality Adjusted Calculations
- IRI Inertial Profiler PCCP Quality Adjusted Calculations
- IRI Inertial Profiler Testing Grinding Summary Sheet-2
- IRI Field Guide Calculations
- Certified Aggregate Technician Manual
Manual outlining the procedures to be followed by the Certified Aggregate Technicians.
- Indiana Certified Asphalt Technician (ICAT) Manual
Manual outlining the procedures to be followed by the ICAT Technician.
- Certified Hot Mix Asphalt Field Supervisor Manual
Manual outlining the procedures to be followed by the Certified Hot Mix Asphalt Field Supervisor.
- Certified PCCP Field Supervisor Manual
Manual outlining the procedures to be followed by the Certified PCCP Field Supervisor.
- Inspection & Sampling Procedures for Fine & Coarse Aggregates
Procedures to be followed for the inspection and sampling of fine and coarse aggregate stockpiles.
- Superstructure Concrete Certified Technician Program Manual
Manual outlining the procedures to be followed by the Certified Superstructure Concrete Technician.
Indiana Department of Transportation
120 S. Shortridge Road.
Indianapolis, IN 46219