Coming spring 2023, a new way to report sanitary sewer overflows through an online portal. Training and more information to be released in late 2023.
Compliance evaluation for wastewater is responsible for receiving and logging bypass/overflow reports, administering the sewer ban program, and evaluating the compliance of wastewater treatment facilities with their NPDES permits, addressing instances of non-compliance, certification of wastewater facility operators and continuing education for operators.
For more information, contact the Office of Water Quality: (317) 605-6489.
The Operator Assistance Group within Wastewater Compliance provides operation and laboratory technical assistance to wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) operators and facilities. The objective of the 104-g-1 Technical Assistance Program is to assist small community wastewater treatment plants (less than 5.0 MGD) with NPDES compliance.
Our technical staff provides on-site, hands-on assistance in the proper operation of wastewater plants. Also, the technical staff provides management assistance and promotes the involvement of community elected officials in the operation of wastewater treatment plants. Please contact Aaron Deeter, email@example.com or (317) 691-1915.
Laboratory technical assistance with NPDES approved test methods or other laboratory issues is available. Please contact Becky Ruark, firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 691-1909. The DMRQA Laboratory Quality Assurance Program is administered by the Office of Water Quality Compliance Branch. All major dischargers must participate annually in a DMRQA study. Minor dischargers must participate on a three-year rotating schedule. Information is distributed by U.S. EPA each year in January or February.
The rotating schedule for minors is:
- Municipal WWTPs
- Municipal WTPs with an NPDES discharge
- Semi-publics (such as schools, campgrounds, and mobile home parks)
- State and federal facilities (including rest areas and state parks)
- Industrial NPDES (including some water treatment plants (WTPs)) Permit holders
- Industrial Pretreatment Permit holders.
- Indiana QA/QC Manual for Wastewater Laboratories [PDF]
- Ammonia/Phosphorus TNT Method [PDF], Ammonia/Phosphorus TNT Method [DOC]
- Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD)
- Chain of Custody and Preservation Record [PDF], Chain of Custody and Preservation Record [DOC]
- DO Meter
- E coli:
- Flow Proportioning:
- Mixed Liquor Data [PDF], Mixed Liquor Data [DOC]
- Spectrophotometric Analysis [PDF], Spectrophotometric Analysis [DOC]
- Total Nitrogen:
- Total Suspended Solids (TSS)
- Instructions for the Precision Control Charts [DOC]
- Instructions for Submitting Reports [PDF]
- Precision Control Charts [XLS]
- Instructions for the Accuracy Control Charts [DOC]
- QC Standard Chart [XLS]
- Matrix Spike Chart [XLS]