Laws, Rules & Policies
General Indiana Law Links
Records Management Laws
- Indiana Code 5-15-5.1: Establishes the Indiana Archives and Records Administration and its functions.
- Indiana Code 5-15-6: Establishes County Commissions of Public Records and their functions.
- Title 60, Indiana Administrative Code: The Indiana Oversight Committee on Public Records, and its rules, including microfilm standards.
- Rulemaking Dockets for New or Updated Administrative Rules (Currently active: Proposed 60 IAC 5)
Access to Public Records
- Public Access Counselor's Website: The Indiana Public Access Counselor provides advice and assistance concerning Indiana's public access laws to members of the public as well as government officials and their employees.
- Public Access Handbook: A guide to Indiana's Public Access laws (Open Door and Access to Public Records) prepared by the Office of the Attorney General and Office of the Public Access Counselor.