Resources for Families
Newborn Screening Resources for Families
- NBS Keepsake Handout (en español)
- Describes all three newborn screens and includes a keepsake area to document your newborn's results. This keepsake should be provided to you by the birthing facility.
- Heel Stick Bloodspot Handout (en español)
- Educates about Heel Stick Screening.
- Pulse Oximetry Handout (en español)
- Educates about CCHD Screening through Pulse Oximetry.
- Hearing Screen Handout (en español)
- Educates about Hearing Screening.
- After Newborn Screening Brochure (en español)
- This should be provided to you by your birthing facility. It educates about the heel stick dried blood spot storage options.
- Genomics and Newborn Screening Timeline
- Visually maps out the history of newborn screening in Indiana.
- NBS Conditions List
- List of all conditions screened through newborn screening in Indiana.
Birth Defect Resources for Families
- 2022 National Birth Defects Awareness Month Toolkit
- Provides health care professionals and families with information about birth defect prevention.
- Indiana Birth Defects and Problems Registry Brochure (en español)
- Educates families about what the IBDPR is, what it does, and what happens to their child's information.
Related Websites for Families
- Baby's First Test - Home
- Baby's First Test - What is Newborn Screening?
- About Special Kids (ASK)
- Kids Health
- Early Childhood Meeting Place
- Children's Special Health Care Services (CSHCS) Website
- Maternal and Child Health (MCH) MOMS Helpline
- Hoosier Healthwise
- First Steps of Indiana
- IN* Source
- Indiana Protection & Advocacy Services
- Be Well Indiana
- Help Me Grow-Indiana
Page last revised 1/25/2022 by DWard