- Program Review
- Content Program
- EPP Program
- Career Specialist Permit Pedagogy Provider
- Review Rubric
- Review Process
- Innovative Practices
- Grow Your Own
- Teacher Recruitment and Diversity
- Remote Instruction
- Full-Year Residency Pilot Program Guidance
This page serves as a source of information for anyone seeking to become a Licensed Indiana Teacher. Please follow the links below to learn more about the process of becoming an Indiana educator.
- Approved Master of Arts in Teaching Programs
- Approved Online Programs
- Approved Teacher Preparation Programs
- Approved Transition to Teaching Programs
- Current Educator Standards
- Rules for Educator Preparation and Accountability (REPA)
- Educator Testing
- Teacher Shortage Areas
Alternate Certification Programs and Teaching Fellowships
- Alternate Pathways
We encourage individuals with bachelor’s degrees in disciplines other than education to consider becoming an educator in Indiana. Your knowledge and experience will be valuable in Indiana classrooms.
- Teach for America
- Teach for America recruits outstanding recent college graduates from all backgrounds and career interests to commit to teach for two years in urban and rural public schools.
- Indianapolis Teaching Fellows
- Indianapolis Teaching Fellows recruits and trains talented career changers and recent college graduates to be outstanding teachers in high-need schools in Indianapolis.
Teacher Diversity and Recruitment
In collaboration with several local organizations, the IDOE is committed to addressing the shortage of diverse candidates entering the teaching profession in Indiana.