Looking to earn your full licensure in special education? Indiana Special Education Assisted Licensure (I-SEAL) provides Indiana’s current and future special education educators with access to convenient, accelerated options and key financial support.
- For educators licensed in another subject: Currently-licensed teachers who wish to add special education to their existing license can participate in a fully-funded 18-credit hour graduate program through the University of Indianapolis, Taylor University or Indiana Wesleyan University.
- For individuals currently enrolled in a graduate-level special education preparation program: Individuals who are currently enrolled in a graduate-level special education teacher preparation program can earn scholarship assistance to support the completion of their required special education coursework and purchase textbooks.
- For non-education bachelor’s degree holders: Special education educators who have not earned full licensure but hold a non-education bachelor’s degree can receive a full scholarship to enroll in a federally-compliant Transition to Teaching program. Seven Transition to Teaching programs in special education are currently available across Indiana.
- For individuals who have not yet passed the state licensing exam: Individuals who have completed a special education preparation program but have not yet passed the state licensure exam can participate in a free test-preparation workshop.
Eligible individuals can learn more and apply for assistance by visiting IndianaSEAL.org.
- 2020-2021 Annual Educator Licensing Report
- 2019-2020 Annual Educator Licensing Report
- Approved MAT Programs
- Assignment Code: What can I teach with my license?
- CPR & AED Certification
- Current Educators
- Digital Learning and Professional Development
- Educator License and Offense Lookup
- Educator Preparation Programs
- Educator Testing
- Indiana Approved Educator Preparation Programs
- Licensing Advisors
- Licensing Verification and Information System (LVIS)
- Principal Survey
- Prospective Educators
- School Corporation
- Suicide Prevention Training
For assistance with licensing, please contact us at email@example.com or (317) 232-9010.