Language Translation
  Close Menu

Unlicensed Registered Child Care Ministries

Teacher and children smiling at child care center

Teacher and children smiling at child care centerThe Indiana Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) oversees child care programs. If you are interested in becoming a child care provider and are not sure which type of provider you qualify as, please visit the Become a Child Care Provider page on the FSSA website.

The IDHS Code Enforcement Section performs inspections of different forms of child care facilities within Indiana, including unlicensed registered child care ministries. As part of the overall process to becoming an unlicensed registered child care ministry provider, the operator must apply for a permit and receive an inspection from Code Enforcement. Renewals of these registrations are required every two years, and inspections are required annually.


Before beginning a new request for inspection or applying for renewal of an unlicensed child care ministry, assemble the following:

  • Credit card to pay fee (as applicable)
  • Information about the facility (name of director, physical/mailing address, e-mail address, phone number)
  • Owner and contact person
  • Room list of the facility
First-time Operators

If applying for a new unlicensed registered child care ministry, please review the FSSA guidance at Become a Child Care Provider and Provider Resources pages first.

For the permit process required by IDHS Code Enforcement, complete this paper application form and submit the form and associated materials (room list, payment) to childcare& Alternatively, you can fax them to 317-233-0307.

For Operators Whose Facility Is Already in the System

Complete the process online:

Apply now