Main Content


Application For Amusement & Entertainment Permit

Amusement entertainment permits are required for events at a variety of locations and venues. Some of the most common kinds of places that require amusement entertainment permits are places where the following kinds of events occur: concerts and other shows, amusement rides, movies, dances, and bowling. It is extremely important that the owner of the property or the operator of the event applies for the amusement entertainment permit well in advance of the first planned event, so that the necessary life safety inspections of the venue can be performed to protect public safety.

Note: When completing an online application, please use Internet Explorer.


1. Check the Entertainment Permits online filing navigation CHART to see what needs to be done to apply for a Entertainment Permit or Special Endorsement for a Entertainment Permit.

2. If ready to apply online please have the following information ready:

  • Information about the Owner of the Facility.
  • Information about location of the Entertainment Facility.
  • Owner / Facility Contact Information.
  • Event Names, Dates and Times for the Entertainment Permit.
  • New Requirement - You will need to upload an electronic copy of the floor plan of the AE facility, so please ensure this information is available before you start the application process - New Requirement.

3. Other important information when filing the project:

  • Keep all the information at hand when filing. If the web application times you out you will have to re-type all the information.
  • If you have questions regarding the Entertainment permits, please contact IDHS Amusement and Entertainment Staff at CodePermits@dhs.in.gov.
  • You will have to pay instant access and credit card fees besides the normal fees to use this service.
  • If you experience technical difficulties using the application contact DfbsDatabase@dhs.in.gov for assistance.

4. If you have a tent(s) or other membrane structure(s) associated with your Amusement and Entertainment event, please read and print the Anchorage Documentation form when necessary for your event.

  • This form must be completed by the installer of the tent(s) or other membrane structure(s) and signed by the event coordinator when the manufacturer/engineering specifications regarding the anchoring are not available.

Installer "Anchorage Documentation" for tents and other membrane structures

Online Application for Amusement & Entertainment Permit

To Print (or Download) the Application for Amusement Entertainment Permit