Plan Commission - 3rd Thursday of month - 6:30 pm @ Town Hall
- Kelly Morris, Chair
- Kirk Klein, VC
- Leigh Pranger, Sec.
- Brent Leiter
- Barb Tatman
- Joe Bertels
- Stephen Cole
The primary responsibility of the Plan Commission is to develop and recommend to the legislative body a plan for the future of the community, with their focus being establishing quality development and quality of life for Rome City. The Plan Commission helps establish what must be done to develop or build within Rome City consistent with the desired look, feel and best interest of Rome City.
Under Indiana law, plan commissions are responsible for the following:
- Preparing a comprehensive plan.
- Preparing a zoning ordinance and a subdivision control ordinance.
- Making recommendations to the legislative body on proposals to amend the text of the zoning ordinance or subdivision control ordinance.
- Making recommendations to the legislative body on proposals to amend the zoning map (rezoning).
- Approving or denying proposals to subdivide land, based upon compliance with the subdivision control ordinance.
- Approving development plans; and vacation of platted land.
- Assigning street addresses.