Health Savings Accounts
State continues to contribute to Health Savings Account
The state will continue to contribute the same amounts to your HSA in 2023. The initial contribution will be made on your January 4, 2023, paycheck. Employees enrolled in a CDHP effective from January 1, 2023, through June 1, 2023, receive the full pre-fund amount. CDHPs effective after June 2, 2023, but before December 2, 2023, receive one-half of the initial contribution. The initial pre-fund contribution is based on the coverage type (single/family) that is effective January 1, 2023, or your first day of coverage in a state health plan during 2023.
|Plan||Initial Contribution||Bi-Weekly Contribution||Annual Employer Contribution|
|HSA 1 - Single||$562.38||$21.63||$1,124.76|
|HSA 1 - Family||$1,124.76||$43.26||$2,249.52|
|HSA 2 - Single||$393.90||$15.15||$787.80|
|HSA 2 - Family||$787.80||$30.30||$1,575.60|
If you wish to make a change to your Health Savings Account (HSA) mid-year please contact the Benefits Hotline.
The Benefits Hotline is available Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
By Phone: 317-232-1167 or 1-877-248-0007
By Email: SPDBenefits@spd.in.gov
Important changes to your HSA
Old National Bank’s health savings account (HSA) program, The HSA Authority, became a part of UMB Healthcare Services, a division of UMB Bank, N.A., effective November 18, 2022.
- Employee HSA account numbers WILL change.
- Current HSA Authority accountholders do NOT need to complete a new enrollment with UMB.
- All HSA accounts will be transferred in-kind.
- Most investments will be transferred in kind. Employees with non-transferable funds will receive notification before the transition, including instructions for transferring assets. Please read your employee communications for more details.
To open your HSA, link to UMB’s website from PeopleSoft on your HSA election page, or go directly https://hsa.umb.com/individuals/home and click on the “Enroll for a new HSA” link. The first page of this online session says: “Please enter your enrollment verification number to star the enrollment process.” If you do not know your enrollment verification number, please call the Benefits Hotline at 1-877-248-0007 or 317-232-1167.
To use checks, employees will need to complete the form and submit it to UMB: UMB Check Form. Checks can be purchased online from a number of companies including Walmart and Costco. When ordering checks, you’ll need to have your account number and your routing number. If you need assistance locating that information, please call UMB Bank at 1-866-520-4472.
As a reminder, to be eligible for an HSA you:
- Must be currently enrolled in an HSA-qualified health plan;
- May not be enrolled in any other non-HSA qualified health plan;
- May not have, or be eligible to use, a general purpose Flexible Spending Account (FSA);
- Cannot be claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return;
- May not be enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid, HIP or Tricare.
View IRS Publication 969 for more information.
HSAs have a maximum contribution limit
Contributions are allowed up to the maximum statutory limit. The maximum annual contribution for 2023 is $3,850 for self-only policies and $7,750 for family policies. Individuals aged 55 and over may make an additional catch-up contribution of up to $1,000 in 2023.
Combined household contributions cannot exceed the family limit. The maximum includes the state’s contributions and any other contributions to your HSA.
|Plan||Coverage||IRS Maximums||State Contribution||Maximum Employee Contribution||Maximum Bi-Weekly|| Maximum Employee Contribution |
| Maximum Bi Weekly |