Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Enter State of Indiana to login
By Phone: (800) 223-7723, 24/7 immediate support
How much do you know about the Anthem Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program? The Anthem EAP program is a free service for all state employees and those in their household, and can be a beneficial tool to improve your overall well-being. These tools and resources are available 24/7 and are completely confidential.
The goal of the EAP is to help you cope with the challenges happening in your life – whether it’s concerning financial issues, emotional well-being, addiction and recovery, or other life events, the Anthem EAP services are available to you. Don’t feel as though you need to deal with life’s challenges alone – Anthem EAP offers several resources on a multitude of topics that can be beneficial to your mental health.
When you call, you are paired with a clinical social worker, professional counselor, psychologist, or marriage and family therapist who best fits your needs and concerns. Services include:
- Counseling services: Anthem EAP includes free phone counseling services 24 hour, seven day a week for topics such as relationship problems, stress management, coping, substance abuse, depression or anxiety, working issues, and loss or grief. Beginning Jan. 1, 2019 Anthem EAP will begin offering up to eight free face-to-face counseling sessions with a licensed therapist to State of Indiana employees, their spouses, dependents and others living in their homes, per issue and per year. Crisis services are also available.
- Child and elder care: Topics regarding child care include adoption and resources for children with special needs, and topics for elder care include housing options, caregiving issues, and adjusting to retirement.
- Financial consultation: Anthem EAP includes budgeting, college funding and student loans, credit and debt issues, divorce, insurance, retirement, financial planning, small business, mortgages, and taxes.
- Legal and mediation services: These services can include topics such as personal business, criminal matters, IRS, and personal or family legal services.
- Smoking cessation: Access telephonic tobacco cessation coaching for smoking and chewing, coaching support with weight management as it relates to the cessation program,10-session online Living Free behavior change module and tobacco cessation tip sheets.
- ID recovery and credit monitoring: Assess your risk level and identify steps to resolve potential identity theft. Your EAP can help you complete any necessary paperwork, will report to consumer credit agencies for you, and negotiate with creditors to repair your debt history.
Resources are also available online for marriage and relationships concerns, health and wellness, finance/legal, workplace issues, mental health, education, daily life, consumer education, moving and even pet care.
Expanded benefits in 2019
A new addition to the EAP, called “myStrength,” is an online program available 24/7. Described as “a health club for your mind,” the goal of myStrength is to “promote ongoing emotional wellbeing.” Through the use of inspirational videos and quotes, articles and various tools for stress management, myStrength aims to help people struggling with depression, substance abuse issues, trouble sleeping and many other conditions that can have a negative impact on mental health.
Also beginning Jan. 1, 2019, Anthem EAP will begin offering up to eight free face-to-face counseling sessions with a licensed therapist to State of Indiana employees, their spouses, dependents and others living in their homes, per issue and per year. The expanded number of counseling sessions more than doubles the amount offered previously (three) and accompanies an all-new program intended to boost emotional wellness.
Getting started is easy.
To access Anthem’s EAP online resources please visit their website www.AnthemEAP.com. Once on their homepage, click the Members Login button on the left-hand side of the page. The next page will ask you to enter your company name which is State of Indiana. Once you’ve hit the “Log In” button, all of these services are open to you.
To connect via phone, call 1-800-223-7723 and select option 1. This will get you connected to a trained EAP representative. The representative will then help you find a therapist that fits your specific situation, and will even assist you in scheduling your initial appointment.
You can also schedule appointments through LiveHealth Online. If you choose to go this route, please let the EAP representative know. With LiveHealth Online, your appointment can take place wherever you are – through a computer, smartphone or tablet. Each visit lasts approximately 45 minutes.