When rendering services, Indiana Health Coverage Programs (IHCP) providers must be aware of the IHCP program in which an IHCP member is enrolled. For members enrolled in the Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP), Hoosier Care Connect, and Hoosier Healthwise managed care programs, it is also important to identify the managed care entity (MCE) with which the member is enrolled.
Pharmacy Benefit Management
Select the link associated with the program/health plan with which the member is enrolled to see applicable pharmacy benefit information, such as preferred drug lists (PDLs) and drug prior authorization (PA) criteria.
Managed Care Programs
- Anthem - HIP, Hoosier Healthwise, and Hoosier Care Connect
- CareSource - HIP and Hoosier Healthwise
- MDwise - HIP and Hoosier Healthwise
- MHS - HIP, Hoosier Healthwise, and Hoosier Care Connect
Statewide Program Support
Support for statewide pharmacy policy development, including pharmacy boards and committees and management of the drug rebate program, are provided by OptumRx. Select the link below to access related information.
Opioid Therapy Management Resources
The Indiana Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) is making resources for the management of opioid therapy easily available to the provider community. Select the links below for access to these resources:
- Indiana State Medical Association's End the Epidemic
- Indiana Hospital Association's Stem the Tide: Addressing the Opioid Epidemic
- Safe and Compassionate Opioid Wean
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Continuing Medical Education (CME) Medication Assisted Treatment
- CDC Pocket Guide: Tapering Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Guideline Resources: CDC Opioid Guideline Mobile App
- Provider Opioid Education Letter