Indiana Health Care Quality Resource Center
Welcome to the home page for the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) Health Care Quality Resource Center. The Indiana Health Care Quality Resource Center was developed by the ISDH and first published on the ISDH Web site in July 2009. The Center is intended to provide resources and information to assist health care facilities in providing quality health care. The information may also be educational to patients and families who wish to learn more about care issues.
The Indiana Health Care Quality Resource Center is designed around health care topics. Each Resource or Information Center provides tools, education and training resources, related regulations, and additional resources.
The purpose of this brochure is to inform you of ways that you can direct your medical care and treatment in the event that you are unable to communicate for yourself. This brochure covers:
• What is an advance directive?
• Are advance directives required?
• What happens if you do not have an advance directive?
• What are the different types of advance directives?
- The ISDH Healthcare Associated Infection Consumer Brochure is available in both English and Spanish. The Brochure is available to Indiana health care facilities, organizations, and individuals at no cost. The brochures come in packets of 50 brochures or single copies. To order brochures, contact Nancy Gilbert of the Indiana State Department of Health at (317) 233-7445 or email@example.com.
Healthcare Associated Infections Prevention Educational Modules
- Course 1: Environmental Cleaning
- Curso 1: Ambiental Limpieza
- Course 2: Speak Up to Prevent Infection
- Course 3: What are Healthcare Associated Infections
- Curso 3: ¿Qué son las infecciones asociadas con la atención médica?
Preventing Pressure Ulcer Education Modules
- Overview of ISDH Pressure Ulcer Education Modules
- Course 1: Preventing Pressure Ulcers: The Pressure Ulcer Story
- Course 2: Preventing Pressure Ulcers: Assessment Process
- Course 3: Preventing Pressure Ulcers: Observation and Communication
- Course 4: Preventing Pressure Ulcers: Pressure, Shear, and Friction
- Course 5: Preventing Pressure Ulcers: Moisture, Hydration, and Nutrition
- Course 6: Preventing Pressure Ulcers: Care Coordination
Health Care Quality Resource Center
The Health Care Quality Resource Centers are intended to provide tools and resources about a health care topic that may be used by health care facilities in quality improvement projects. The following are Health Care Quality Resource Centers currently available. To view a Resource Center, select the topic.
- Abortion Information Center
- Abuse and Neglect Resource Center
- Advance Directives Resource Center
- Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Resource Center
- Care Coordination and Transitions Resource Center
- Emergency Preparedness Resource Center
- Expressive Arts
- Falls Prevention Resource Center
- Healthcare Associated Infections Resource Center
- Incontinence Care Resource Center
- Infection Prevention
- Investigative Strategies
- Life Safety Code Resource Center
- Nutrition Resource Center
- Palliative Care Information Center
- Palliative Care Advisory Council
- Perinatal Hospice Information Center
- Pressure Ulcer (bed sores) Resource Center
- Restraints Resource Center
- Severe Mental Illness Resource Center
- Staffing Strategies Resource Center
Healthcare Quality Improvement Project Center
The ISDH develops healthcare quality improvement projects as part of its Long Term Care Civil Money Penalty (CMP) Program. The following are web pages for quality improvement projects developed through the CMP Program:
- Civil Money Penalty Project Center
- Nursing Home Advanced Education Project
- Healthcare Quality Improvement Regional Collaborative Project
Health Care Facility Information Center
The ISDH serves as the health care facility licensing and certification agency. The Health Care Facility Information Centers are intended to provide information about regulatory requirements. The following are Health Care Facility Information Centers currently available:
Division of Long Term Care
- Informal Dispute Resolution Information Center
- Long Term Care Survey Process Resource Center
- Reporting a Crime Against a Resident Information Center
- Resident Transfer and Discharge Information Center
- Traumatic Brain Injury Facility Licensing Program
Program Advisory Letters
The ISDH periodically issues Program Advisories to provide information to health care facilities about program policies and procedures concerning the licensing of health care facilities. The following are current Program Advisory Letters.
Division of Acute Care Advisory Letters
- AC 2011-01 ASC Standing Waiver for Electronic Verification of Licensure, CSR Registration and DEA Registration
- AC 2012-01 HOSP Cardiographic Technicians and Cardiovascular Technologist Scope of Practice
- AC 2011-01 HOSP Standing Waiver for Electronic Verification of Licensure, CSR Registration and DEA Registration
- AC 2011-02 HOSP Vein Harvesting by Certified Surgical First Assistants versus Certified Surgical Technologists
- HAI-2011-01 Healthcare Associated Infections Reporting Rule