The Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) is a grant-funded program that provides housing funding for non-profit agencies that specialize in assisting Hoosiers with AIDS/HIV and their families. The HOPWA program is available within 77 of Indiana's 92 counties and is based on the number of Hoosiers with AIDS/HIV and is only awarded to those agencies that show as a part of their mission a focus on servicing these Persons. The remaining counties receive their funds through Indianapolis, Cincinnati, and Louisville. There are specific requirements your non-profit must adhere to in order to receive the HOPWA funding.
2023-2024 HOPWA Program
Request for Qualifications- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA)
Earlier this year, the Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (“IHCDA”) released the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for the Housing Opportunities for Person with AIDS (HOPWA).
All responses were submitted on or before July 3, 2023 via email to CommunityServices@ihcda.in.gov
- 2023 HOPWA Kickoff Webinar Recording
- 2023 HOPWA Application
- 2023 HOPWA Application Instructions
- Certificate of Attendance
- HOPWA Claims Narrative Form
- HOPWA Program Income Report
- HUD Equal Access Rule Training
- Certificate of Attendance - Regional Planning Council on the Homeless
- Certificate of Consistency - Indiana Consolidated Plan
- HOPWA Financial Management Training
- HOPWA Rental Assistance Guide Book