Training Options for Drinking Water Continuing Education
Lead Service Line Inventory Submittal Training
The Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) and the Indiana Finance Authority (IFA) have partnered with 120Water to provide a template and portal for Lead Service Line Inventory submittal. The first 2 virtual training sessions to show you how to use the portal have been scheduled and have registration links available. These virtual trainings have been approved for 1 technical Drinking Water contact hour. Additional training sessions are being scheduled.
- Date: June 20, 2023, at 1:00 p.m. (ET)
Registration Link: https://120water.com/idem-virtual-training-june-20th/
- Date: July 11, 2023, at 1:00 p.m. (ET)
Registration Link: https://120water.com/2023q2-idem-virtual-training-july-11th/
- Date: July 25, 2023, at 1:00 p.m. (ET)
Registration Link: https://120water.com/2023q2-idem-virtual-training-july-25th/
Description: All Indiana water systems (CWS or NTNCWS) must submit their initial service line inventories to the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) by October 16, 2024. This virtual training session will focus on how to utilize 120Water’s PWS Portal to import (from IDEM Service Line Inventory Template , if applicable), manage, and report their service line inventory data in accordance with IDEM reporting requirements to ensure water system compliance.
All Indiana water systems are welcome to join this and future training sessions, but these are tailored more toward water systems with greater than 1,000 service connections.
US EPA Training Opportunities & Free Webinars
- Drought Preparedness & Water Loss Workshop for Water Utilities - June 28, 2023 [PDF]
- ASDWA Webinar Series on Implementation Tools & Best Practices for Lead Service Line Inventories & Lead Service Line Replacements
- IN AWWA CyberSecurity Training Workshops [PDF]
- U.S. EPA Water Resilience Workshops & Webinars
- RCAP: Lessons from the Field: Navigating PFA’s
- Creating Resilient Water Utilities Workshop Training Series
- Small Systems Monthly Webinar Series
- Releases to Sources of Drinking Water: Natural Occurrence & Resources to Identify Risks
- Revised Total Coliform Rule (RTCR) Level II Assessment Training
Groundwater & Well Care for Public Water Systems
- Online course via WaterOperator.org site.
- Alliance of Indiana Rural Water (AIRC)
- American Water Works Association, Indiana Section Inc. (AWWA)
- Indiana Water Environment Association (IWEA)
- Indiana Groundwater Association (IGWA)
- Indiana Rural Community Assistance Program (RCAP)
Many other organizations offer training that is approved by the State of Indiana for drinking water continuing education credit, as indicated in the following sampling:
- National Environmental Service Center (NESC):
- Provides technical assistance and information about drinking water, wastewater, environmental training, and solid waste management for small communities.
- American Water Works Association, National Site (AWWA):
- Safe water information resource.
- Indiana Water Environment Association (IWEA):
- The Indiana Water Environment Association is dedicated to preserving and protecting Indiana's waterways through educating our members and the citizens of Indiana about the importance of our water environment.