The following statement and documents are not a part of the consent decree:
IDEM statement, December 4, 2018: The assertions in US Steel’s report are consistent with the event and US Steel’s interactions with IDEM’s inspection and emergency response staff. Since this 5 day report is required to be compiled by U.S. Steel, it will likely be attached to IDEM’s inspection report. However, IDEM will be issuing its own report on or about the beginning of next week.
The U.S. Department of Justice website provides the consent decree to view, as well as ways to submit comments about the decree.
- Notice of Lodging [PDF]
- Filed Consent Decree [PDF]
- Filed Complaint [PDF]
- Initial U.S. Steel Wastewater Treatment O & M Manual and Preventive Maintenance Program Plan [PDF]
- Notice of Extension of Public Comment Period for Lodging of Proposed Consent Decree [PDF]
- Emergency Planning and Community-Right-to-Know Follow Up Notification Letter [PDF]
- Partial Disapproval of Wastewater Treatment O & M Manual and Preventive Maintenance Program Plan [PDF]
- Revised Wastewater Treatment O & M Manual and Preventive Maintenance Program Plan [PDF]
- Revised Enhanced Wastewater Process Monitoring Design [PDF]
- U.S. EPA/IDEMs approval of U.S. Steel’s O & M Plan and Wastewater Design [PDF]
- 2019 Semi-Annual Report [PDF]