Who We Are
The Indiana Commission for Women (ICW) exists to voice women's needs, concerns and challenges as well as celebrate their successes and contributions to Indiana. ICW is committed to the full participation of women in all aspects of society in order to make Indiana a better place to live, work and raise a family by removing the barriers that hinder that participation by:
- Increasing awareness of the status of women and their families and the issues they face;
- Recognizing and promoting the contributions that Hoosier women make to their community, state and nation;
- Providing balanced analysis of public policy issues that impact women in Indiana; and
- Achieving operational excellence.
Our mission is to understand the needs of Indiana Women and their families, and to work strategically both within government and in our communities to help bring about positive solutions.
What We Do
Assessing the current needs and working toward the improvement of the status of women and their families across the state;
- Advocating and acting as a voice for Indiana women;
- Partnering with other governmental agencies and outside organizations to leverage the ability to make a positive impact on women's lives; and;
- Representing Indiana's commitment to improving the quality of life for women and their families.