State Records Management
IARA Records Analysts work with state agencies to develop and update records retention schedules that balance the storage needs of the government office with state/federal retention requirements, as well as the need for preservation of documents with permanent historical value.
We're also here to answer your questions about how to apply those retention schedules, and to help you determine which IARA division can best help your agency out with records-related services, if you're not sure or need more information!
Resources Specific to State Government
- Records Retention Schedules
- What Are They, and How Do They Work?
- General Retention Schedule for Records Common to All State Agencies
- Specific Retention Schedules for Individual State Agencies
- Record Series Search (Description/Instructions)
- Updates to Agency-Specific Retention Schedules: A Step Guide
- Special Topic: State Board of Accounts Audit Requirements
- Current Events
- Online Records Management Tutorials (digital classes playable right here on the IARA website, or through SPD's SuccessFactors system)
- Contact For Assistance