Use the national State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) to exchange UI benefit information with IDWD electronically! This service is FREE!
- Receive notice of claim within 24 hrs and respond quicker online!
- Reduce staff hours spent responding to IDWD inquiries
- Reduce number of appeals filed
- Reduce improper payments & employer charging>
- Reduce UI tax rates
- Reduce paper, printing, & postage costs go GREEN
- Nationally standardized format improves UI integrity!
SIDES E-Response or UI SIDES Web Services?
There are 2 sides to SIDES (See Comparison)
SIDES E-Response is a secure website employers use to exchange UI separation information with state agencies electronically. When a UI claim is filed, IDWD will send an email notification within 24 hours to the employer’s designated email address. Participating employers or their third party administers (TPA) submit a response to the request for UI separation information online, attach supporting documentation, and receive an immediate date-stamped confirmation of receipt. In Indiana, you also receive potential charging liability information for UI claims online!
- View the SIDES E-Response Fact Sheet
- View FAQs for SIDES E-Response in Indiana
- View a list of states and territories using SIDES E-Response
- Questions? Email sides@dwd.IN.gov
- Are you a TPA interested in SIDES E-Response? Email sides@dwd.IN.gov for more information about SIDES E-Response in Indiana and how to register your agent account.
UI SIDES Web Services is best suited for employers and TPAs who typically deal with a large volume of UI information requests. While SIDES requires up-front IT integration resources and efforts, it has the potential to streamline the UI response process. Currently, employers and TPAs use SIDES to exchange separation information with 50 states and territories in a standard format. In Indiana, you also receive potential charging liability information for UI claims through SIDES! The NASWA SIDES Team provides resources such as the Concept of Operations and Implementation Guide, Developers’ Guide, and model software for connecting to the Central Broker. Technical staff is also available to answer questions during the integration development process.
- View the UI SIDES Fact Sheet
- Contact sides@dwd.IN.gov for more information about a SIDES Web Services integration project.
- US DOL video about SIDES & SIDES E-Response
- IDWD SIDES E-Response FAQ's
- Visit the national SIDES and SIDES E-Response website for more information.