As your company grows and develops, so will your demand for a larger well-trained workforce. Expanding your workforce can be costly, but through the help of WorkOne, you can reduce the cost of hiring and training new employees. WorkOne will reimburse employers up to 50% of new employee wages for on-the-job training.
THIS IS NOT A TAX CREDIT. It is an actual check sent to your company for a portion of the trainees’ wages during the training period of up to six months. The training must pay at least $10 per hour.
Your local WorkOne staff is available to assist your company in creating training programs and with recruitment assistance.
On-the-Job Training Overview
- Hands on training you design
- Up to 50% of new employees wages compensated during training
- Employer receives direct reimbursement from WorkOne
- Training may last up to 6 months
- Must pay at least $10 per hour
- WorkOne will recruit and screen applicants
- Qualified candidates will be referred to you
- You will evaluate and hire the candidates of your choice
- Meet with WorkOne staff to determine eligibility
- Develop a training plan that meets your company needs
- WorkOne staff can help design training plans
- Commit to retaining the employees for at least six months after training
On-the-Job Training Results
- Employees trained in your procedures, your way
- Reduce cost of hiring new people
- Save time in the recruitment and hiring process
- Increase retention rates