Indiana is committed to providing quality employment services to Veterans at our WorkOne Centers. Veterans go to the front of the line and each office has an onsite Veteran's representative that assists with employment needs.
All Veterans are encouraged to make contact with their local WorkOne Career Center for assistance.
Transition Time for Veterans (an interactive tool)
This interactive tool allows Veterans to estimate the preparation time required to transition from their military occupation to another one in Indiana. "Transition time," while measured in weeks of academic, technical or vocational training, is a relative measure to provide an estimate of the relative time moving from one type of job to another. Find out more here.
Services that are provided to qualified Veterans include:
- Face-to-face review of IndianaCAREERConnect.com, the largest source of job openings in the state
- Direct referral to jobs (Both established jobs and job development)
- Assistance looking for a job, developing a resume and preparing for an interview
- Referral to other federal, state and local agencies
- Information on Veteran's rights and employment benefits
- Assistance transitioning into civilian employment
- Training incentives and grants
- Guidance finding vocational training
- Post-employment counseling
- Occupational skills assessment
These services provide Veterans with the necessary information they need to find and secure suitable employment and make the transition from the military to the civilian workforce. If you are a Veteran, please visit your nearest WorkOne Career Center and speak to a Veteran's representative today. All representatives are honorably discharged service members that specialize in assisting in your employment needs.
US DOL Veterans.gov serves America's Veterans and separating service members by preparing them for meaningful careers, providing employment resources and expertise, and protecting their employment rights.
Veterans Resources and Services:
- Job Seekers with Military Service / Veterans
- Hire a Veteran
- Veteran’s Gold Card (a congressional program offering enhanced re-employment services for post 9/11 veterans)
- WorkOne Veterans Services
- Department of Veterans Affairs (Federal)
- Department of Veterans Affairs (Indiana)
- Disabled Veterans Resources (Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E)
- U.S Office of Personnel Management - Hire A Vet
- U.S. Department of Labor - Veterans
- DOLVETS-Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA
- Start a Veteran Owned Business
Equal Opportunity is the Law. Equal Opportunity Employer/Program Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.