Do you have a bill that you need to pay with DOR? You can find information on how to pay your bill, including payment plan options, FAQs and more below. If you have specific questions about a bill, call our payment services team at (317) 232-2165, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., EST.
When you receive a tax bill you have several options:
- Send in a payment by the due date with a check or money order.
- Contact the Indiana Department of Revenue (DOR) for further explanation if you do not understand the bill.
- Make a payment online with DORpay by credit card or electronic check.
- Make a payment in-person at one of DOR’s district offices or downtown Indianapolis location using cash (exact change only), credit card, money order or check.
- Set up a payment plan, if you owe more than $100, using INtax Pay.
For more information, you may call DOR's automated information line at 317-233-4018. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST. By calling you can determine the current balance due on any individual or business tax bill.
Be sure to have the following information available when you call:
- Your taxpayer identification number or Social Security number
- The liability number or warrant number.
This information is available from any of the previous notices that you have received.
- Payment Options
- Collection Process
- New and Small Business Education Center
- Frequently Asked Questions - Billings
- Voluntary Disclosure Program
- Rights and Responsibilities of an Indiana Taxpayer
- Taxpayer Advocate Office