What is Indiana freefile?
INfreefile was developed in 2003 by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and tax preparation software vendors. INfreefile allows customers with lower adjusted gross incomes (AGI) to file their federal and state taxes for free using simple question and answer type software.
Nearly 2 million Hoosier taxpayers will qualify for Indiana freefile! Are you one?
- Faster refunds: A paper-filed return can take up to 12 weeks.
- Confirmation: You’ll receive confirmation that your return was received and accepted.
- 24/7 access: You can access INfreefile at any time, day or night.
- Easy to use: All INfreefile options are user-friendly and include step-by-step instructions.
- Fewer errors: Electronically filed returns have a two percent error rate, compared to a 20 percent error rate for paper-filed returns.
- More efficient: You can prepare and file your federal and state tax returns at the same time.
- Convenient: INfreefile provides the added convenience of direct deposit for refunds and direct debit for payment of taxes owed.
See if you qualify to file income tax returns for free.
- Review the offers from the vendors listed below.
- If you think you qualify for one or more of them based on your 2017 income, select a vendor of your choice by clicking on its logo.
- Once you select your vendor, you will be redirected to the vendor's website to begin your return.
- It’s that simple!
- To ensure you can file both your federal and state return for free, access these Free File products from this page.
- Please note that you will need to create a new account each year with the vendor to ensure a no-cost filing.
- Read our Indiana freefile FAQ here.
OLT On-Line Taxes Inc: Free federal and free state online tax preparation and e-filing if your Federal Adjusted Gross Income is between $14,000 and $66,000 regardless of age.
Activity Duty Military with adjusted gross income of $66,000 or less will also qualify.
Note: The OLT Free File website must be accessed through the link above. Any other link used to access the OLT website may result in fees or charges.
1040NOW: Free federal and Indiana tax preparation and e-file for all who live in Indiana with an adjusted gross income of $32,000 or less. This offer is limited to three (3) free tax returns per computer.
H&R Block: Free federal and state returns if your adjusted gross income was $66,000 or less and you are between the ages of 17 and 50 or were active duty military.
TaxAct: Free federal and state returns if, your adjusted gross income is $53,000 or less, and you are:
Intuit TurboTax: Free federal and state tax returns and tax extensions for:
FreeTaxUSA.com: Free federal and state returns to eligible Indiana taxpayers who meet the following requirements:
Additional No-Cost Filing Resources
Credit Karma Tax: File your federal and state returns for free with Credit Karma Tax where it's easy to file and free for everybody.
NOTE: Credit Karma Tax is NOT a member of the Free File Alliance.