What is Indiana freefile?
INfreefile was developed in 2003 by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and tax preparation software vendors. INfreefile allows customers with lower adjusted gross incomes (AGI) to file their federal and state taxes for free using simple question and answer type software.
Over 2 million Hoosier taxpayers will qualify for Indiana freefile! Are you one?
- Faster refunds: A paper-filed return can take up to 8 weeks versus up to 2-3 weeks for an electronically filed return.
- Confirmation: You’ll receive confirmation that your return was received and accepted.
- 24/7 access: You can access INfreefile at any time, day or night.
- Easy to use: All INfreefile options are user-friendly and include step-by-step instructions.
- Fewer errors: Electronically filed returns have a 2 percent error rate, compared to a 20 percent error rate for paper-filed returns.
- More efficient: You can prepare and file your federal and state tax returns at the same time.
- Convenient: INfreefile provides the added convenience of direct deposit for refunds and direct debit for payment of taxes owed.