What is Indiana freefile?
INfreefile was developed in 2003 by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and tax preparation software vendors. INfreefile allows customers with lower adjusted gross incomes (AGI) to file their federal and state taxes for free using simple question and answer type software.
Over 2 million Hoosier taxpayers will qualify for Indiana freefile! Are you one?
- Faster refunds: A paper-filed return can take up to 12 weeks versus up to 4 weeks for an electronically filed return.
- Confirmation: You’ll receive confirmation that your return was received and accepted.
- 24/7 access: You can access INfreefile at any time, day or night.
- Easy to use: All INfreefile options are user-friendly and include step-by-step instructions.
- Fewer errors: Electronically filed returns have a 2 percent error rate, compared to a 20 percent error rate for paper-filed returns.
- More efficient: You can prepare and file your federal and state tax returns at the same time.
- Convenient: INfreefile provides the added convenience of direct deposit for refunds and direct debit for payment of taxes owed.
See if you qualify to file income tax returns for free.
- Review the offers from the vendors listed below.
- If you think you qualify for one or more of them based on your 2018 income, select a vendor of your choice by clicking on its logo.
- Once you select your vendor, you will be redirected to the vendor's website to begin your return.
- It’s that simple!
- To ensure you can file both your federal and state return for free, access these free file products from this page.
- Please note that you will need to create a new account each year with the vendor to ensure a no-cost filing.
- Read our Indiana freefile FAQ here.
Online Taxes at OLT.com would like to offer free federal and free state online tax preparation and e-filing if your federal adjusted gross income is between $14,000 and $66,000 regardless of age.
Active duty military with adjusted gross income of $66,000 or less also qualify.
The OLT Free File website must be accessed through the link above.
If your AGI was $66,000 or less and can answer YES to one of these questions, you qualify to file with H&R Block Free File:
Free federal and state returns if, your adjusted gross income is $55,000 or less, and you are:
Free federal and state tax returns and tax extensions for:
Free federal and state returns to eligible Indiana taxpayers who meet the following requirements:
Additional No-Cost Filing Resources
NOTE: Credit Karma Tax is NOT a member of the Free File Alliance.
File your federal and state returns for free with Credit Karma Tax where it's easy to file and free for everybody.