Indiana is committed to providing all children access to quality educational opportunities. Indiana's Choice Scholarship Program, commonly referred to as the voucher program, (authorized under IC 20-51-1 and IC 20-51-4) provides scholarships to eligible Indiana students to offset tuition costs at participating schools. Students must satisfy both household income requirements and student eligibility criteria to qualify.
Participating schools and interested parents work together to enroll students. The Choice Scholarship application is submitted electronically to Indiana Department of Education by the participating school. Schools and parents should explore the links below for more information.
This section provides parents and guardians with a basic understanding of the Choice Scholarship Program. Please contact your Choice Scholarship school to learn about enrollment requirements and to submit a Choice Scholarship student application.
- 2023-2024 Parent How to Apply
- 2023-2024 Choice Scholarship Program Period One Final Award Amounts
- 2023-2024 Choice Scholarship Program Period Two Final Award Amounts
- 2023-2024 Choice Scholarship Program FAQ
- 2023-2024 Participating Choice Schools
- 2022-2023 Participating Choice Schools
- 2023-2024 Choice Scholarship Program Special Education FAQ
Students must qualify under one of eight eligibility tracks and meet the income eligibility requirements to be approved for a Choice Scholarship award. Specific details about each of the eight eligibility tracks are in the section below.
- Choice Scholarship Overview of Eligibility Tracks
- Pre-K Schools for Choice Scholarship Student Eligibility for the 2023-2024 School Year
- “F” Schools for Choice Scholarship Student Eligibility for the 2023-2024 School Year
Additional information about income requirements can be found in the following documents:
- 2023-2024 Choice Scholarship Program Income Verification Rules
- 2023-2024 Choice Scholarship Program Income Verification FAQs
- Choice Scholarship Program and Medicaid Fact Sheet
Information for schools about participating in the Choice Scholarship Program.
- 2023-2024 Choice School Application Memo and Packet
- Participating Choice Schools can find more information at Non-Public School Community Moodle.
- National Accrediting Organizations
- Serious Deficient Determination and Procedures
- Student Records Memo
- Termination and Appeal Procedures for Choice Eligible Schools
Choice Scholarship Annual Program Reports
Reports from 2015-2016* up through 2020-2021 are posted. (*Includes data back to 2011-2012)
- 2021-2022 Choice Scholarship Program Report
- 2020-2021 Choice Scholarship Program Report
- 2019-2020 Choice Scholarship Program Report
- 2018-2019 Choice Scholarship Program Report
- 2017-2018 Choice Scholarship Program Report
- 2016-2017 Choice Scholarship Program Report
- 2015-2016 Choice Scholarship Program Report*