Indiana is committed to providing all children access to quality educational opportunities. Indiana's Choice Scholarship Program, commonly referred to as the voucher program, (authorized under IC 20-51-1 and IC 20-51-4) provides scholarships to eligible Indiana students to offset tuition costs at participating schools.
Participating schools and interested parents/guardians work together to enroll students. The Choice Scholarship application is submitted electronically to Indiana Department of Education by the participating school. Schools and parents/guardians should explore the links below for more information.
This section provides parents and guardians with a basic understanding of the Choice Scholarship Program. Please contact your Choice Scholarship school to learn about enrollment requirements and to submit a Choice Scholarship student application.
- 2023-2024 Choice Scholarship Program FAQ
- 2023-2024 Parent How to Apply
- 2023-2024 Participating Choice Schools
- 2023-2024 Choice Scholarship Program Period One Estimated Award Amounts
- 2023-2024 Choice Scholarship Program Special Education FAQ
Effective June 29, 2023, the following requirements must be satisfied to qualify for a Choice Scholarship award:
- Student must have legal settlement in Indiana;
- Student must be at least five (5) years old and less than 22 years old by October 1 of the school year that the student is applying; and
- Student is a member of a household with an annual income of not more than 400% of the amount to qualify for the federal free and reduced price lunch program.
Additional information about student eligibility and income requirements can be found in the following documents:
- 2023-2024 Choice Scholarship Program Eligibility Overview - includes income guidelines for Choice Scholarship Program eligibility.
- 2023-2024 Choice Scholarship Program Income Verification Rules
- 2023-2024 Choice Scholarship Program Income Verification FAQs
- Choice Scholarship Program and Medicaid Fact Sheet
Information for schools about participating in the Choice Scholarship Program.
- 2023-2024 Choice School Application Memo and Packet
- Participating Choice Schools can find more information at Non-Public School Community Moodle.
- National Accrediting Organizations
- Student Records Memo
Choice Scholarship Annual Program Reports
Reports from 2015-2016* up through 2020-2021 are posted. (*Includes data back to 2011-2012)
- 2022-2023 Choice Scholarship Program Report
- 2021-2022 Choice Scholarship Program Report
- 2020-2021 Choice Scholarship Program Report
- 2019-2020 Choice Scholarship Program Report
- 2018-2019 Choice Scholarship Program Report
- 2017-2018 Choice Scholarship Program Report
- 2016-2017 Choice Scholarship Program Report
- 2015-2016 Choice Scholarship Program Report*